Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Select active Profile with command line

Default Select active Profile with command line

I am using reWASD to drive a bunch of emulators through a front-end menu system. Each emulator or game can have different input requirements and mapping to the running app won't always be viable.

It would be EXTREMELY helpful if there was an app that can be run via command line to select the active profile. Then the menu could directly select the appropriate profile for the emulator or specific game.

If you could add this reWASD would be absolutely perfect for this sort of application and I would happily sing it's praises in every corner of the internet.

Thanks for reading!

Administrator

Hello,
    The reWASD doesn't provide the command line support, therefore you can't use it with some specific argument. But reWASD has
    Autodetect option allowing you add associated apps and when you launch one of the associated apps and it is opened — reWASD applies the chosen config automatically. Have you tried it? Perhaps it could solve the issue, at least partially.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

I understand that it doesn't currently offer command line support. That's why I requested it :-)

Yes, I can use the select based on running application but there's are more than a dozen different emulators and with a limit of 4 that's a problem pretty quickly.

It shouldn't be difficult to create a small command line application that passes information to the running service. It would be new functionality but it should be quick and easy.

Administrator

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. Forwarded to the dev.team. Will see what we can do. Thank you for your suggestion.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!