No announcement yet.

CloneCD or Alcohol 120%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcohol or Nero... It all depends on what to burn.... Some cases make Alcohol better and the opposite...

Comment

For pure PC game backup, I would say Alcohol is top.

Far all purpose burning, Nero is way better. With Nero, you can for example take a bunch of MP3, add them and Nero will convert them to .wav on the fly while loading (As long as your CD project is audio CD). Then, just burn and enjoy you new audio CD. Try this with alcohol. The list of possibility with the Full Nero suite package is awesome in both the audio and video department

When a backup copy fails with alcohol or to extract true ISO image from any type of media, then use BlindWrite.

I think that clone CD is obsolete, but maybe useful in rare instances.

Ramon

Comment

Alcohol dont have much choice in the matter but it suits all my needs.
        { "Your computer is fine sir, the problem exists between the keyboard and chair" }

Comment

Originally Posted by CD_TOASTER
          alcohol has a virtual image drive as well. in what ways is daemon tools better?
          iirc, they're the same thing. alcohol licensed technology from the daemon-tools team. There might be small differences, but nothing big

Comment

Alcohol 120 because it has all that I need to make backups and images from my media and that way they last for as long as I live in perfect condition.

Comment

i use blindwrite to rip images and no cd cracks to run the game. why bohter ripping images you say? with kids, it's better safe than sorry. haven't used alcohol 120, i've heard a lot of good things about it though.

Comment

Just gotten hold of blindwrite. Never used it before but have heard only good comments. Used Alc12o% for some time with no problems. Once clone was the dogs, well I say dogs.....it was the only prog avaliable and it was good, well sometimes, in the days afore sly-fox.

Comment

Re: CloneCD or Alcohol 120%

Originally Posted by robotangel
                  That's a poll, what do you use and >why<? Please give reasons.

(Please only software, which is able to copying in raw-mode, to copy safedisc 2,3 etc.)

Comment

BlindWrite

I voted "Other" (BlindWrite to be precise; sadly no two votes possible) since i made the experience, that Alcohol wonґt work with my DVD-Drives in the case i need to get DPMS information from DVDs. BlindWrite on the other hand is able to get the DPMS information from DVDs with my drives without problem.

I still would prefer Alcohol, but since more and more titles are only avaliable on DVD and are using some kind of protection which require the use of DPMS i am "forced" to use BlindWrite for these titles.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mister_Hack
                      I voted "Other" (BlindWrite to be precise; sadly no two votes possible) since i made the experience, that Alcohol wonґt work with my DVD-Drives in the case i need to get DPMS information from DVDs. BlindWrite on the other hand is able to get the DPMS information from DVDs with my drives without problem.

I still would prefer Alcohol, but since more and more titles are only avaliable on DVD and are using some kind of protection which require the use of DPMS i am "forced" to use BlindWrite for these titles.
                      What's DPMS??
                      I only know DPM and RMPS!
                      My burner don't support dpm in alcohol, too.
                      But with Blindwrite it works. So i use the inject method.
                      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Alcohol 120% has a virtual image drive

Comment

alcohol 120%

Comment

Originally Posted by Mister_Hack

BlindWrite doesn't read DVDs at all... I think.
                            Does it?
                            ... and who are YOU?

Comment

BlindWrite

BlindWrite does read DVDs. It used to be better at reading DVD DPM than Alcohol.
                              the modern world:
                              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Not at me, when I choose "Read CD" it says that no CD is inserted, on both DVD-Drives...
                                ... and who are YOU?

Comment

Working...
                                X