108 77.14%
  • CloneCD

15 10.71%
  • Other (Please post which and why)

17 12.14%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 57

Thread: CloneCD or Alcohol 120%

i use blindwrite to rip images and no cd cracks to run the game. why bohter ripping images you say? with kids, it's better safe than sorry. haven't used alcohol 120, i've heard a lot of good things about it though.

Just gotten hold of blindwrite. Never used it before but have heard only good comments. Used Alc12o% for some time with no problems. Once clone was the dogs, well I say dogs.....it was the only prog avaliable and it was good, well sometimes, in the days afore sly-fox.

Default Re: CloneCD or Alcohol 120%

Quote Originally Posted by robotangel
    That's a poll, what do you use and >why<? Please give reasons.

(Please only software, which is able to copying in raw-mode, to copy safedisc 2,3 etc.)

Default BlindWrite

I voted "Other" (BlindWrite to be precise; sadly no two votes possible) since i made the experience, that Alcohol wonґt work with my DVD-Drives in the case i need to get DPMS information from DVDs. BlindWrite on the other hand is able to get the DPMS information from DVDs with my drives without problem.

I still would prefer Alcohol, but since more and more titles are only avaliable on DVD and are using some kind of protection which require the use of DPMS i am "forced" to use BlindWrite for these titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_Hack
    I voted "Other" (BlindWrite to be precise; sadly no two votes possible) since i made the experience, that Alcohol wonґt work with my DVD-Drives in the case i need to get DPMS information from DVDs. BlindWrite on the other hand is able to get the DPMS information from DVDs with my drives without problem.

I still would prefer Alcohol, but since more and more titles are only avaliable on DVD and are using some kind of protection which require the use of DPMS i am "forced" to use BlindWrite for these titles.
    What's DPMS??
    I only know DPM and RMPS!
    My burner don't support dpm in alcohol, too.
    But with Blindwrite it works. So i use the inject method.

Beitrag

Alcohol 120% has a virtual image drive

alcohol 120%

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_Hack

BlindWrite doesn't read DVDs at all... I think.
    Does it?
    ... and who are YOU?

Default BlindWrite

BlindWrite does read DVDs. It used to be better at reading DVD DPM than Alcohol.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Not at me, when I choose "Read CD" it says that no CD is inserted, on both DVD-Drives...
    ... and who are YOU?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast