CloneCD or Alcohol 120%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daemon v4

now i vote for alcohol but when i vote for daemon tools v4 ?

Comment

Blindwrite 5.2.23.156

I was forced to use Blindwrite (new version) because starforce completely disables the selection of High DPM in alcohol......now ive changed im completely happy with the new version of Blindwrite....its far quicker than alcohol....and it makes 100% DPM images that work every time with automatic settings well done VSO............

The lord giveth and the lord taketh away........
      ReBeLlIoN

Comment

Alcohol 120% Poll results...

78% seem to go for Alcohol 120%.......

Now it is clear why the new Starforce 3.6+ is targeting Alcohol 120% at the moment, it is disabling the High DPM setting, you will be able to set it at High DPM.....but when it comes to the read, it will state the DPM setting is "Normal"..............

New Blindwrite is unaffected for now.......
        ReBeLlIoN

Comment

any evidence for Alcohol's DPM High being disabled by Starforce?

Off topic for the CloneCD/Alcohol vote:

Is there any evidence that Starforce disables Alcohol's DPM High setting (even with all Starforce drivers properly uninstalled)? Modified or deleted Alcohol registry keys or modified/deleted Hardware capabilities database (ex. DevSupp.dll)?

And can anyone blame a specific version/revision of Starforce?
          Last edited by Underheaven; 29.11.2005, 04:09.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

i vote blindwrite cause it has never let me down
            // Let's decompose and enjoy assembling! //

Comment

Well ive emailed the problems I have been experiencing with Alcohol to Alcohol-soft and they have replied with thanks for highlighting the issues with starforce 3.6.10.06, its now been passed on to their developement team. Apart from that I can say no more.....except

Cant wait for the new version!
              ReBeLlIoN

Comment

starforce affects alcohol120%

hey guys i would not prefer to use alcohol120% after installing a starforce protected game becoz the starforce system dosent allow you to make raw copies of securom or starforce cds. It ejects the disk before the writing is completed.

it says"Something is wrong in recording procedure, save log file and report to forum"

but the same burning of the cd i did in my frendz comp and it completed succesfully.(There was no starforce protected game installed in the system so it worked)

I can assure you this, try out guys...

Comment

thank you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

Alcohol 120%

I use Alcohol 120%. Very good indeed.

Comment

@joel
                      Can you blame Alcohol because StarForce messes with it? StarForce also causes BSODs when installing Alcohol on a system that already has the SF drivers installed, can you say that's Alcohols fault as well? Just use the SF removal tool and try again. It should work fine.

Comment

I prefer Alcohol, CloneCD is sort of... ugh...

Comment

I went with blindwite, becuase it plays well with window 64. No other reason then that.

Comment

Working...
                          X