CloneCD or Alcohol 120%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BlindWrite

I don't know when DVD imaging/writing was supported but reading DPM from DVD's has been available ever since version 5.0.7, see the changelog.

p.s. They seem to have skinned their website for halloween, I like it
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I downloaded BlindWrite (Suite) 1 week ago, so I think the version is not too old

edit: ouch, i downloaded and installed a old 4.5 version...
      Last edited by robotangel; 29.10.2005, 17:29.
      ... and who are YOU?

Comment

I tried BlindWrite once, but it didn't seem to work. There were no options (like reading/writing subchannels, skip erros, DPM, etc). SecuROM DVDs didn't work at all (it refused to extract DPM no matter what). All I could select what "Automatic" (which was anything BUT automatic), and a few others, not related to copy protections.

Does the program actually work for someone?
        To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

You have to use all sorts of addons and special profiles, it works great for me.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I like Alcohol 120% more than CloneCD, but I use none of them for mounting.

Comment

I normally use Alcohol (and the dpm of bw,injected in the mds),
              if an image of Alc doesn't work i try BW.
              Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                You have to use all sorts of addons and special profiles, it works great for me.
                So much for the "ease of use" part. Why don't they put all that stuff in the program by default? Like Alcohol does? I don't get it. The only part of BlindWrite that seems useful, is BWABuilder. But unfortunately, it didn't work (maybe it hates the trial version of BlindWrite?) I can't even test it!

Comment

For me Blindwrite is really good at making CD images, not so much DVD images. And yes, the trial version sucks.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nikos
                    But unfortunately, it didn't work (maybe it hates the trial version of BlindWrite?) I can't even test it!
                    It works good for me... You can't make a BWA from Protections that are based on "Bad Sectors".

Where can you get these Profiles, Addons, Patches etc.?
                    ... and who are YOU?

Comment

Originally Posted by robotangel
                      It works good for me... You can't make a BWA from Protections that are based on "Bad Sectors".

Where can you get these Profiles, Addons, Patches etc.?
                      If you have installed a trial version of BW you can't start bwa builder.
                      What Add-ons and Patches do you mean?
                      Last edited by AnalCobra; 30.10.2005, 20:23.
                      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Hi, I use alcohol120%. There's always something with clonecd or clonedvd. Alcohol120% works easier I think. Maybe I haven't figured out how clonecd works , maybe that's it, so I stick to alcohol .

Comment

I use Nero:wink: . It may not be the best burning program, but it sure works for me .
                          It's my way or... ahhh hell, it's my way.

Comment

Originally Posted by robotangel
                            I can't make a BWA at all, actually. Alcohol has problems with my drive, where DPM extraction is really slow. I would like to try if BWA builder works, but the program refuses to do so. People say that BB doesn't work with the trial version of BW. That's fine with me, but I think VSO should make BB work with the trial too, unless they want to lose potentional customers.

Comment

Originally Posted by Kaloyan_78
                              I use Nero:wink: . It may not be the best burning program, but it sure works for me .
                              Actually, Nero with Safedisc DVDs works just fine. It even works with some CD protections.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nikos
                                People say that BB doesn't work with the trial version of BW.
                                I've got the Trail, too, but it works fine.
                                You can try to download and install BWABulider only: http://vso.nerim.net/BlindWrite_BWABuilder5_setup.exe

Maybe I should say that I got the BlindWrite 4.5 Trail
                                Last edited by robotangel; 31.10.2005, 11:15.
                                ... and who are YOU?

Comment

Working...
                                X