• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Drives Deleting Removable drives

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    Burning Software: Nero Startsmart 6.6.0.8
    Anti-virus Software: Avast! version 4.6 Home Edition
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I have a problem where one of the virtual drives overwrites one of my removable media drives.

When I change the letter of the virtual drive the removable media drive disappears altogether.

This is when the virtual drive overwrites the removable media drive.

This is when I change the letter of the virtual drive and the removable media drive "G" is nowhere to be seen.

This is bug in Windows mount manager, which maps new virtual device over already existing drive. Maybe also bug in your removable device driver(s). Try to remove, reboot, reconnect the device, reboot again, maybe it's re-detected correctly then.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
      This is bug in Windows mount manager, which maps new virtual device over already existing drive. Maybe also bug in your removable device driver(s). Try to remove, reboot, reconnect the device, reboot again, maybe it's re-detected correctly then.
      Apart from re-installing the drivers, which I don't seem to have because the memory card reader is inbuilt and came with the PC.

Is there any other known quickfix for this problem?

Comment

So is there a solution to this problem apart from reinstalling the drivers?

Comment

Working...
        X