Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Personal veiw about DT Pro screen shots

New User

Default Personal veiw about DT Pro screen shots

Hi just wanted to voice my opinion on the screen shots of the new deamon tools pro.

Now don't get me wrong I think you guys have done some brilliant work on all the previous versions of deamon tools and I think that it's the best virtual drive tool around but seriously those icons on the screen shot for the new version look so cheesy.

Now I know that none of you have any reason to listen to what I say and most of you probably won't either. Also please be aware that I am not saying this to offend anybody it is just my personal veiw.

Please don't flame me for this I am just trying to give some constructive critisism :| .

of course we take such comments serious - and for sure we NOT flame you
    for your critics. We are no fools, we WANT feedback! And rest assured:
    after first release, we are eagerly await feedback and we will work hard
    on it to make it the best program in its class.

So, go on: what exactly do you dislike on the icons, and what would you change?

What do you like on the new gui from optical view and what not?

Experienced User

Well, why don't you just ease things up and make (at least?) the icons skinnable? If CCD or Powerarchiver can do that, then i bet you can too

New User

Phew, it's just that some people don't take too kindly to critisism even if it's meant in a good way.

Anyway it's mainly the deamon face icons that I think are cheesy. I always liked the old deamon tools icon, the one that sits in the system tray with the little lightning strike in the middle. And I think that if something's not broken then why fix it.

I also thought the read disc icon looked a bit dodgy although I can't really work out what it is meant to be.

Apart from that I think everything else looks great. It looks well set out and user friendly and to be honest I can't really think of anything else that I would want from a virtual drive GUI

Experienced User

I have to agree with kel here.
    The green face just looks a bit silly.
    I think the silver circle with blue lightning through it looks nicer (same as this sites favicon).
    Very simple and classy.
    I also agree that the read disc to image icon makes no sense. Can anyone tell me what it is supposed to be?
    Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

New User

Well, I think it's a hand icon, and reading some data off a cd and then writing it to a hard disk is called grabbing, so it's supposed to be a hand grabbing a cd!

Right? :lol:

---EDIT---

(I think a hard disk icon over a cd and an arrow pointing to the hdd would be more logical...))

New User

Oh yeah, I see it now you're right it is a hand.

Although if thats the case then I think that maybe it could have had a bit more time spent on drawing it.

I now this may sound a bit shallow and yes I have heard the saying "you can't judge a book by it's cover" but when I look around on the internet for new software the first thing I look for are screen shots and if they dont look like enough time has been spent on the graphics of the GUI then I asume the same about the program itself. Maybe a lot of other people do the same, I don't know but I think that software dev's would probably get a lot more interest in thier products if they made thier GUI's look as good as they can.

well, you're right about that, but as you already mentioned that you like our
    GUI (except some icons ) I take it as a compliment. Of course we
    will rethink about some of the used icons. About your opinion:
    although I must admit that it's sometimes the case that bad GUI also
    means bad software, I can assure you I saw software with bad interface,
    ugly graphics - but great usability and functionality.

The same could be said about some games:

I saw many with fantastic graphics, but only a few managed to impress me
    more than 1 hour and vice versa!

New User

I suppose I am being a bit harsh saying that because now you mention it I must admit that I too have come across some software that has got a crap GUI but is still a very good piece of software. For example Bulletproof FTP client.

I just think it's such a pitty when that happens. To make such good software but then not spend much time on the GUI. although I am not refering to deamon tools in any way because as you already know I think that the GUI for the new deamon tools pro is very good aprt from the few icons that I mentioned .

Experienced User

Default Error

On screenshot: Vendor Identificatio: ... Need Identification