X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exact

Comment

ok, I do not mean to sound pushy or anything(development takes time, and I do not want a rushed product), but I just need to know if DT4 pro will be released in time for Quakecon which is the second week of August this year. This is important to me because I'm running windows 64, and well I also do not want to have to bring my CDs to such a big lan party as I know some will go missing or damaged (those things happen at such a big lanparty) . Problem is going back to 32 bit involves a lot of backing up and then reformatting, and I would prefer not to have to do that if DT4 was to be released in time for Quakecon. It's just that I would hate having to do a whole system format just to have DT4 come out like right after I did the format.

Also I do not want to come off as some inconsiderate jerk as I love DT, and how much easier it makes my life. I really want to thank the devs for doing such a great job on a wonderful product, but the whole DT4 release time, and Quakecon rapidly approaching has me wondering what I should do.

Comment

NOLAFF, I think it all depends on how many bugs they find in the external beta test, and how easy the bugs are to fix. I don't think the devs even know exactly when it's going to be released. 8) My guess is that it will be released by the second week of August, although I can't be 100% sure. Maybe you could install Win32 bit on another hard drive and swap that one into your computer if DTools V4 is not out in time.

Comment

the last version of starforce (3.5) is not fixed!!! starfuck or starforce nightmire does not function... I hope that Daemontools 4 will go with starforce 3.5!!! and especially I hope that it will leave quickly!!!

sorry for my bad english

Comment

So... its about time for the new news isnt it?!

Comment

What YEAR?

I'd like to suggest that the next time the time is reported as GMT.
              That way people won't have to hang around here waiting for news that may or may not come.

Comment

this news is the leave of daemon tools???

Comment

I find here an excellent place to learn :

1. patience
                  2. politeness
                  3. the new definition of "news"
                  4. the new definition of "promise"

The boy : What's going on ? Say someting...
                  The girl : I will tell you on 23 July, 2:00pm.

:wink:

Comment

I find here an excellent place to learn :

1. patience
                    Like others have posted, the top of the page does say
                    All times are GMT + 1 Hour
                    by default
                    and possibly something else if you've logged in.
                    I found it rather baffling to find out that the promised news item
                    hadn't been posted by
                    Saturday, 23 July, 02:00 PM
                    GMT +1.

Sure, there's still about 9.5h until the promise can not be fulfilled
                    (this year). But it does seem like certain someone didn't keep his (hers?)promise when the top of the page suggests that the time has passed.
                    Since I can't really find
                    Daemon Land
                    on any map, it would be nice to know just what timezone we're talking about. (And yes, I'd prefer one of the standard Earth timezones. I don't care what zone it is in
                    Daemon Land
                    .)

About patience, well, I might not have enough since I registered just to express my disappointment and bafflement...

2. politeness
                    And I suppose this goes both ways.

3. the new definition of "news"
                    Well, let's first see what they have to say. After this, even a simple announcement of "We're alive" might count as news, although I don't think we've reached the angry mob status quite yet.

I do hope the promised news is news, i.e. contains new information.

4. the new definition of "promise"
                    There was a promise, but let's not go to technicalities.
                    No need for lawyers here.

How about 1) telling the timezone or 2) using a macro that changes according to the shown timezone? Or how about both?

The boy : What's going on ? Say someting...
                    The girl : I will tell you on 23 July, 2:00pm.
                    I'd be scared shit if that was a girlfriend...

Comment

no news 17:06 so ..bad news or good news ...a release this night ???

no news 17:06 so ..bad news or good news ...a release this night ???

:oops:

Comment

Cool down, everyone!

We don't want to give out too much information about the development so the copy protection developers can't update their blacklists before the new version's even been released. That would be no good to everyone, right?

We've told you a lot in the last news post, and we even gave you a time when to expect new news. But what if there's nothing new to tell until now? Are we supposed to post a new item every day saying "nothing we can tell you about has happened in the meantime"?! Just show a little patience, okay? This is a shitload of work, i can assure you, and we're giving it out to all of you private users for free, so start thinking already about what you're demanding here!
                        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

he beta team ...

can you say if the beta phase is good..??

like : no bug found ...
                          works greatly ???
                          no prob???
                          or found some little bug or great ....

time according for beta test..
                          all emu protect ok??
                          starforce ...ok no ok ???

thx
                          :?:

Comment

yeah would be great to hear something new about it.

but nothing? :? :|

Comment

*confused*
                              I thought the Beta-tests already have started?

Comment

//Now, I'm proud to tell you it IS finnished in most parts, and it will be
                                beta-tested soon, so stay tuned! We will inform you about progress
                                from now on more frequently.//

We should have learnt that the word soon and the term more frequently are very subjective so that they almost mean nothing in some cases.

Similarly,

//The beta-tests starts in ~2 weeks, therefore you can imagine that release of
                                V4 is not that far away anymore.
                                Because we are now much closer to release-date, //

We may soon learn that the terms not that far away and much closer to are also too subjective to mean anything.

What I want to say is : we have to refresh the meaning of some words and terms in our minds more frequently hoping that our thought would be much closer to the others. We can imagine that it is not that far away for us to know how to use the term not that far away.
                                :wink:

Comment

Working...
                                X