Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@stylewan: exactly. In general, it's almost impossible to define exact details.

f.e. we found severe bug, that only occured on one machine, the reason was
    a special-driver for whole hdd-encryption, that noone of us used and therefore
    it occured only on that machine. The list is long and dirty. It is the same
    story when you try to develop a game. But keep in mind that DAEMON Tools
    is a part of the system after install, therefore stability is a must!

My mistake was to NOT inform the community of those drawbacks and delays
    immediately, and should we run again into such probs, I do it asap!

At the moment, I can only tell you that we indeed plan to deliver the V4 to
    the betatesters in 2 weeks (+- 2days) - if that will not happen, I will mention
    it on the next news-update.

Please keep in mind that DT was completey rebuilded, EVERYTHING was
    rewritten from scratch!

I have to deal with the needs of the community (news) and the needs of
    our team (confidentiality) and it's not an easy task, even if you may think
    so. I hope the community is a little bit indulgent with me, after all, I'm only
    human

Comment

I agree fully with Locutus post, it's hard to estimate release dates, we should
      all just be more patience

Comment

V4 - 98se - unleashing my hate...

U can not imagine how I felt when I read the news today...
        I got so badly pissed off, even felt betrayed - so I even registered a username to write down my anger and hate to u guys...
        Well - I have been waiting (like all the others I guess) for DT4 for so long time just to see that it wont run on 98se... Phew - why the hell I've waited so long???
        Its just this Sacred Underworld game - No any No cds for it and the only way to run it is by using ******** 5 (which runs on XP/NT only). So I said myself - well I shall wait for the new DT - This guys are good - they will emulate vob-protectcd in a 98se running tool. But what a surprise - u wont - u prefer to code in NT kernel - ok - u lost my respect - Why the hell should I wait for ur tool to come up - I would just upgrade to XP and install ******** 5...
        I'm sorry guys u just lost one big fan of DT.

-Zaks :evil: :evil: :evil:

p.s. let me remind u what was the difference between DT and all other cd-emulation/protections tool:
        1. - Small & Compact tool.
        2. - Easy to install - Easy to operate.
        3. - Dont take almost any resources (RAM, CPU).
        4. - Great emulation of protections - in such compact tool..
        5. - Runs on every platform - even Win95 (used to)

- Well - congrats - It seems to me that with the new ver. u will just forfeit the old path...

Comment

Re: V4 - 98se - unleashing my hate...

Originally Posted by Zaks_bg
          1. - Small & Compact tool.
          2. - Easy to install - Easy to operate.
          3. - Dont take almost any resources (RAM, CPU).
          4. - Great emulation of protections - in such compact tool..
          5. - Runs on every platform - even Win95 (used to)

- Well - congrats - It seems to me that with the new ver. u will just forfeit the old path...
          Point 1-4 won't change. There's still the "standard" Version, DT 4, of it. You don't have to use DT Pro.

I'm sorry you can't use DT on your current system anymore.
          But do you really think, it has some advantages to use Win98?
          Even Microsoft dropped the support for it, so why should the guys behind DT continue with that, especially for free?

Comment

The development time for one particular game running in obsolete OS is just not worth the time - it's as simple as that. As you can see it's time consuming enough to develop for 2000/XP and above.
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

@zaks_bk:

Sacred also runs with 3.46!!! on win98se, just to inform you

goddamn, enough is enough. I'm a VERY polite person, but this is far beyond
              the usual "pissed off people", then I gladly say good bye to you. You never
              send us one cent and now you have the nerves to come in here and waste
              our time with your pointless posting?

and btw:
              I would just upgrade to XP and install ******** 5...
              then WELLCOME BACK, as it's licensed on our technology, too. I suggest
              you to use something different where we have not our dirty hands in the
              game.

I have enough of this once and for all. This thread is closed now and I
              strongly suggest to NOT complain anymore about our win95/98 decision.
              I can't believe that people are so blind in their anger because we drop
              an OS that is even not supported by Microsoft anymore.
              We MAYBE upgrade the old 3.47 to cope with latest blacklistings, but this
              is only a big big maybe. My god, sometimes I believe really that some of
              our users here think the world owes them something. This is NOT the case
              - we do it on a self-inflicted basis. Maybe you better think twice next time
              when you piss off other developers - we for sure don't need such users, that
              can't even request or ask nicely but instead show us how hatefull you are
              if something doesn't run "your way". Congratulations, now I'm pissed off, too

Comment

Working...
              X