Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Mounting the same Image on two Drives crashed my Explorer

Default Mounting the same Image on two Drives crashed my Explorer

Accidenntly, Iґve mounted the same Image twice and this crashed my Explorer (I was running my Workspace as a Taskbar on Desktop). After rebooting, Windows tried to load Explorer but it crashed again. After deinstalling D-Tools (was Version 3.20);
    INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
    everything was right again.Then I installed Version 3.17 again. I donґt know if this was the real reason for this problem, but if, it maybe would be a good idea to implement a Warning "Image already mounted" or somthing similiar. (It took me 5 hours to fix this, and my hair has become grey )
    BTW: Iґm running Win ME
    The revolution will not be televised !
    ** DAN **

Administrator

I don't know what happens on your PC - I mount same image on several drives rather frequently without problems. What is this kind of image?

It was a Clone CD Image. maybe it was another problem D-Tools showed me no driveletters on all devices, and i had four devices open. then I mounted the Image twice and then Bang! After that, Explorer crashed after every reboot. I had to deinstall D-Tools in safe mode (Abgesicherter Modus in german ) and then Explorer worked again. Maybe I should try to recreate this situation, and write a report what Iґve done exactly and what happend then, but this could take a while caus Iґm busy with my job.
    BTW: I have installed Easy CD Creator 4 but never had problems with that.
    ** DAN **

Administrator

If some virtual drive have no letter assigned you better reboot to allow OS to recognize it then try to mount some image.

Thanx. I think that was the problem. As far as I can remember, I have tried to change the driveletter of one of the drives before I mounted the image. Then all four driveletters disapeared.
    ** DAN **