Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

problem installing Command and Conquer Generals, Warhammer Dawn of war, second CD fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem installing Command and Conquer Generals, Warhammer Dawn of war, second CD fails

Hi!,

I have made cd images of the above mentioned games using Alcohol120% and / or Blindwrite. I mount the CD images over a network and start the installs.. it goes well up to the point when it asks for the second CD.. I mount the second CD by right clicking on the D-tools icon --> "mount image".. and select the second CD image. Then I click ok to continue with the Installation but it just keeps asking for the second CD. If I use windows explorer to check if the CD is actually mounted I see the contents of the second CD.

If anyone can shed soem light on this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--
    Dan

Re: problem installing Command and Conquer Generals, Warhammer Dawn of war, second CD fails

Originally Posted by mooseman
    I have made cd images of the above mentioned games using Alcohol120% and / or Blindwrite.
    Would you care to enlighten us what exactly you mean with "and/or"? If we are to help you, we need to know a little more precisely what program - and settings! - you used for creating the images.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

ok..

"and / or" = meaning I tested with both softwares (blindwrite and alcohol 120%)...

in Alcohol 120% I used the specific profile as described at copybase.ch

Warhammer - SecuRom *new* v5.03.06.0040
      Command & Conquer Generals - SafeDisc 2.80.010

In blind write I set it to automatic.

The wierd thing is that I can browse the files on the CD.. it's just the installation program that doesn't see the 2nd CD...

Thanks

Comment

Try remaking the images, and set read speed to something slower this time.
        Failure is the mother of success.

Comment

I've got the same problem, but remaking the images on a slower speed doesn't help me either.. Have you got something else to try?

Comment

Ensure AIN (Automated Insert Notification) is activated.
            Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
            Peace Through Power

Comment

I am using Daemon Tools, instead of Alcohol, Roxio or Nero, because my cd/dvd rom isn't working anymore.. Where can I use that AIN? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally Posted by zidantje5 View Post
                ...my cd/dvd rom isn't working anymore...
                Please try this Microsoft FixIt solution & reboot
                Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media
                Originally Posted by zidantje5 View Post
                Where can I use that AIN?
                In the Device Parameters of the virtual drive.
                I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
                X