Nascar racing 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nascar racing 2003

I am using DT v3.29 and it will not work with Nascar Racing 2003. The HD spins up OK and the Virtual CD mounts OK but nothing happens. No error messages. I have tried using securom emulation and also with NO emulation. Nothing. ID dectrctor says that it is: Secure Rom 4.84.50.0166

I have made images with CloneCD v4.2.0.2 & Alcohol 120% v1.4.0 (build 114). Nascar 2002 works --- Nascar 2003 does not.

DT v3.29 works great without any emulation on Nascar Racing 2002.

OS is XP Pro 5.1 with SP1 installed.

CD writer is HP +8200, Rev 1.0f --- Has worked flawlessly on everything

Comments / suggestions needed

Thanks

I assume you made the image using the Securom 4.8x NEW profile in alcohol 120? Some users have reported some new games/updates will run only sometimes. Try running the game a few times, and see if any times it will load.

Comment

Yes I did use the Securom 4.8x NEW profile in alcohol. Alcohol will read the backup CD (that i made from the image) and the game runs OK from that CD. No problems. Started and restarted (without any problems) 10 times in a row. DT v3.29, 3.26 & 3.17 will not work with that image. DT will load the image but when I try to run the game, the HD spins up (for about 10 - 15 seconds) and then just stops. No error messages and the machine does NOT lock up or give any indication of a problem.

BTW, the No CD Narcar.exe is able to bypass the check for the original CD.

Maybe DT is "black-listed" somewhere in the EXE file

Comment

Strange that the game runs in alcohol but not in daemon-tools. Perhaps venom will be able to help you with your problem...

Comment

Same here.. I made an image with CCD, but when I mount the image and try to run it with D-Tools, I just see the spinning disc icon, then it goes away.. No lock up or anything, it's just as if it didn't execute the .exe or something.. I've tried it a few times and the same happens each time.. D-Tools set to SecuROM emulation only and is version 3.29 Any tips or help is greatly appreciated! mick

Comment

No Luck

I can not even get it to run with a back up using alcohol and useing a liteon 40 burner So I know i need not try Daemon Tool.

Originally Posted by Generic
            Yes I did use the Securom 4.8x NEW profile in alcohol. Alcohol will read the backup CD (that i made from the image) and the game runs OK from that CD. No problems. Started and restarted (without any problems) 10 times in a row. DT v3.29, 3.26 & 3.17 will not work with that image. DT will load the image but when I try to run the game, the HD spins up (for about 10 - 15 seconds) and then just stops. No error messages and the machine does NOT lock up or give any indication of a problem.

BTW, the No CD Narcar.exe is able to bypass the check for the original CD.

Maybe DT is "black-listed" somewhere in the EXE file

Comment

If nascar 2003 uses dpm information, you must make sure the image is made with this option enabled. Also, you won't be able to make a perfect backup if the game is protected using dpm.

Both of you, please try mounting the image (and not running the backup cd) with d-tools and see if it will load.

Comment

If nascar 2003 uses dpm information, you must make sure the image is made with this option enabled. Also, you won't be able to make a perfect backup if the game is protected using dpm.
                Both of you, please try mounting the image (and not running the backup cd) with d-tools and see if it will load.
                I tried again and this time I even used the lowest speed available " 1x ".

The results are the same. DT will not work with the image.

Here is a copy of my log.
                ==================
                ===---------------------=== System Information ===---------------------===
                Windows XP Professional 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
                Processor info : AMD Athlon(tm) Processor (1060MHz)
                Memory Available to Windows: 261,600 KB
                Devices control interface : Default Driver Control Interface
                ===-------------------=== Alcohol 120% Information ===--------------------===
                File Name : G:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\Alcohol.exe
                Company Name : Alcohol Soft Development Team
                Description : Alcohol 120%
                Original : alcohol.exe
                Product : Alcohol 120%
                Trademarks : Alcohol Soft Development Team
                Copyright : Copyright(C) 2002-2003 Alcohol Soft Development Team
                Version : 1.4.0 ( Build 114 )
                Date : 2003/01/14
                Size : 1179136 Bytes
                Hash : a0476b7be6dff0f63ef0184a72c98123
                File Name : G:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\alcoholx.dll
                Company Name :
                Description : Alcohol virtual device control library
                Original : alcoholx.dll
                Product :
                Trademarks :
                Copyright : Copyright (C) 2002
                Version : 3.29.0 ( Build 0 )
                Date : 2002/12/27
                Size : 50688 Bytes
                Hash : 6c9ce48d3b717665ddf05dff56dadaee
                File Name : G:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\devsupp.dll
                Company Name : Alcohol Soft Development Team
                Description : Alcohol Software Device Capabilit Library
                Original : devsupp.dll
                Product : Alcohol Software Device Capabilit Library
                Trademarks :
                Copyright : Copyright(C) 2002-2003 Alcohol Soft Development Team
                Version : 2.2.7 ( Build 109 )
                Date : 2003/01/14
                Size : 32256 Bytes
                Hash : 074287046ff61f87e18cc189ba104d00
                ===--------------------=== User Information ===----------------------===
                User Name : UN-REGISTERED
                Company Name : UN-REGISTERED
                Registered User ID : UN-REGISTERED
                ===-------------------=== Devices Information ===--------------------===
                (R HP CD-Writer+ 8200 (2:1)
                (L AXV CD/DVD-ROM (3:0)
                (J Generic STEALTH DVD (4:0)
                ===---------------=== Devices Detail Information ===-----------------===
                =====-----------------------------------------------------------=====
                (R HP CD-Writer+ 8200 (2:1) Device Detail Information.
                =====-----------------------------------------------------------=====
                Vendor Identification : HP
                Product Identification : CD-Writer+ 8200
                Production Revision Level : 1.0f
                Host/Target Number : 2/1
                Support recording method : DAO, RAW DAO(96)
                BURN-Free Technology: Not Supported
                Auto-Select best write speed: Not Supported
                -* Note: This information below is provided by the unit, it might be inaccurate. *-
                -* This software does not use this information! *-
                Removable media: Yes
                Version: ATAPI (INF-8090i/INF-8020i/INF-8028i)
                Respone Data Format: 01H
                CD-R Read/Write: Yes/Yes
                CD-RW Read/Write: Yes/Yes
                Read CD-R fixed Packet: Yes
                Test Write: Yes
                DVD-ROM Read: No
                DVD-R Read/Write: No/No
                DVD-RAM Read/Write: No/No
                Audio Play: Yes
                Composite Audio and Video Data Stream: No
                Digital output(IEC958) on port 1 Supported: No
                Digital output(IEC958) on port 2 Supported: No
                Mode 1 Form 2: Yes
                Mode 2 Form 2: Yes
                Multi-Session: Yes
                BUF: No
                CD-DA Commands supported: Yes
                CD-DA Stream is Accurate: Yes
                R-W Supported: No
                R-W De-interleaved & Corrected: No
                C2 Pointers Support: No
                ISRC Supported: Yes
                UPC Supported: Yes
                Read Bar Code: No
                Lock media into the drive: Yes
                Currently drive Lock state: Unlocked
                PreventJumper: No
                Eject Command: Yes
                Separate volume leavels: Yes
                Separate channel mute: Yes
                Changer Supports Disc Present: No
                Software slot selection: No
                Side change capable: No
                P through W in Lead-In: Yes

===-----------------------------------------------------------------===

===------------=== Recording Progress Detail Log ===----------------===
                PM 03:46:18 Processor info : AMD Athlon(tm) Processor (1060MHz)
                PM 03:46:28 Disc dumping : (R HP CD-Writer+ 8200 (2:1)
                PM 03:46:29 Reading Mode : General Mode , Ignore reading errors (Cannot read Sub-Channel from disc)
                PM 03:46:29 Source Info : Session : 1, Track : 1, Length : 445.4 MB / 050:40:64
                PM 03:46:29 DPM measuring precision : High / 1X (150 KB/Sec)
                PM 03:46:29 Wait for a while for DPM analysis.
                PM 04:15:52 Data Position Measurement - Elapsed Time: 00:29:22
                PM 04:15:52 Get DPM info from current disc successful!
                PM 04:15:57 Writing image file : H:\Images\NR2003_test.mdf
                PM 05:06:25 Disc read error at : 228060
                PM 05:06:25 H:\Images\NR2003_test.mds : Image file writing completed!
                PM 05:06:25 Disc dumping completed!
                ===-----------------------------------------------------------------===

If you would like a copy of the "EXE" file, either e-mail me or PM with instructions on where you want it up-loaded to.

Comment

I am quite puzzled by this behavior. And that fact that more than one user reported this also seems to point to something strange going on...

Comment

Yea, same here.. I've only been trying to mount the image.. I just want to use the "image" with Dtools to save my orig. cd.. The image mounts fine.. Just when you click the games shortcut, to start it, the cd icon comes up like it's trying to load, then just disappears after about 15 seconds.. Then all is back to normal.. Try it again, same result.. Like someone else said, it's like the game has D-Tools blacklisted or something?

Sorry, most of this is just a repeat from my earlier post..

Comment

Anybody ever get to the bottom of this? Or is NR2003 just not possible to emulate with a virtual cd? Thanks for any further info.

Comment

I've tried with both Alcohol 120, CloneCD 4.2.0.2 and D-tools 3.29 and got the same thing you guys have. It acts like it's starting and then nothing. Hopefully someone can figure it out.

Note to software developers:
                        CD's are for installing software, not running it. :-)

Comment

*** bump ***
                          Has anyone come up with a solution to this problem ??

Comment

It's most likely new blacklist. We are working on it.

Comment

It's the same with Aquanox 2 Revelation v2.148. It runs from the original CD-ROM, it runs from a RMPS-CDR, but it doesn't run from any image. Neither mounted in Alcohol (build 114) nor Daemon-Tools (3.29). So just be patient until the next version of DT arrives, and then have a look at it again...

sG
                              "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
                              X