Mount .bin without .cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mount .bin without .cue

I have a .bin image,while the .cue sheet is lost or something wrong,is it possible for DT (or the coming version) to mount the .bin directly?

No. The cue-sheet is needed TOC file.
    If you lost your cue-sheet re-create the image. You can also use some not-obsolete image file format then.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Sorry, must disagree with you It is still possible. If you select under "Files of Type" the All Files (*.*)-option, which allows you to see the bin-file and select it. DT opens and mounts the bin-file. You can copy/install from the emulated drive or create an image. Haven't had problems with this so far. My guess was that the programmer(s) already anticipated to this, but your reply makes my guess wrong.

With all respect to the DT-Team
      DaemonLover

Comment

It is possible if the image contains one track only, in all other cases the TOC file/cue-sheet is needed.
        We are aware of the problem that most ppl lacking the cue-sheet are using downloaded images, which we DO NOT support anyway. Moreover bin/cue is an obsolete file format.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Answer from a newby: Why don't you convert the bin file to an iso file. I do so with problematic bin files.

Comment

@Thomas_AR: ...because cue/bin can handle some copyprotections, iso none of them!

Comment

Originally Posted by MisterEd
              Originally Posted by Thomas_AR
              Answer from a newby: Why don't you convert the bin file to an iso file. I do so with problematic bin files.
              ...because cue/bin can handle some copyprotections, iso none of them!
              Only partially true, cue/bin cannot handle any recent copy protections. You'll need images like mds/mdf (created with Alcohol 120%) for those protections to accept the image. However, ISO supports no copy protections at all, that's right.

Throw away your ISO and cue/bin images and recreate them with Alcohol 120% using mds/mdf images. As you have read and agreed to the rules when you signed up for this forum, I can only assume that you have those CDs, so that shouldn't be a problem.
              "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

[quote="NetSoerfer"][quote="MisterEd"]
                Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
                Only partially true, cue/bin cannot handle any recent copy protections. You'll need images like mds/mdf (created with Alcohol 120%) for those protections to accept the image.

hello, i wonder whether CloneCD images are the same as those created with Alcohol 120% regarding copy protections?
                You damn sadist, you try to make people think

Comment

No, CloneCDs format is inferior to Alcohol/Blindwrite.
                  Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
                    Originally Posted by MisterEd
                    Originally Posted by Thomas_AR
                    ...because cue/bin can handle some copyprotections, iso none of them!
                    Only partially true, cue/bin cannot handle any recent copy protections. You'll need images like mds/mdf (created with Alcohol 120%) for those protections to accept the image. However, ISO supports no copy protections at all, that's right.

Throw away your ISO and cue/bin images and recreate them with Alcohol 120% using mds/mdf images. As you have read and agreed to the rules when you signed up for this forum, I can only assume that you have those CDs, so that shouldn't be a problem.
                    ISO can handle SafeDisc as long as there are no audio tracks
                    Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

Working...
                    X