Re-Writable Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Writable Images

Is it possible to add the functionality of a cd/dvd-rw. When the image is mounted and you want to add/update the image (e.g. updates/service packs etc.) you need to create the image again with the updates. When the drive-specification could be set to Rewritable (i.e the image is seen as written on a ReWritable instead of ROM) it would be possible to write to the mounted drive and create a new image or have DT the possibility to save the image with the modifications.

I know there is software like MagicIso/WinImage/etc., but it would be convenient to have DT to do this instead of installing another piece of software (sigh).

Greetings to the DT-Team
    And keep up the good work!

That would mean making this program a full-fledged virtual burner instead of a DVD-ROM, which is way out of specs IMHO.

Comment

"I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

why is it such a big deal that you can't simply make this a "read and write to/from image utility" it completely limits the possibilities of the software to be completely great and superior - it makes reading backups and installing software, and copying images easy as 1..2..3.. but there have been many times where i wish i could just make an iso by writing files to a virtual cd - especially when you don't have a burner on a given machine

and the NEVER EVER EVER EVER crying abotu why is purely unprofessional and critically LAZY ...

[/RANT]

other than that .. meloves it

[EDIT]
        [RANT]

This page only supplies information and tools necessary to make a PERSONAL BACKUP of legally owned CDs.
        funny how it does NOTHING of the sort seeing as how you can't make a backup copy of any legally owned CD with this software .. in case you forgot

[/RANT]
        [/EDIT]

Comment

mmmm
          IsoBuster or UltraIso or WinIso can do those jobs for you i think, peace.

Comment

would be a great feature, though as stated it wont happen at least not at this time.

But perhaps make DT mod/plugin functionality for someone else to develope and add in as a non DT Team Supported feature?
            No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

we negotiate already with another company to develop such a plugin
              for the next DT Pro. No estimate time yet, not even a guarantee that it will
              be done at all

Comment

cool, thats a plus, thanks for the heads up
                No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

Working...
                X