Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Theft Auto -San Andreas

hi all,
    i bought GTA-SA a few days ago. the game is protected by Securom v.7. i was able to create an iso image with UltraISO. But when i mounted it with Daemon and tried to run the game, it says that an emulator is detected.

how can i get around the detection? (if i don't want to use the registry fix).
    do i have to create an image using Alcohol ? and will the next version of Daemon Tools be able to emulate Securom 7 protected games?

Thanks.

Unfortunately you cannot run the game from images without the registry hack...

But anyway, an ISO will never be precise enough to run a game with a copy protection. You'll need a program like Alcohol to create the images, so throw away your ISO file and create an mds/mdf image with Alcohol from your original CD. As I said however, you'll need to change the registry permissions to fool SecuROM into thinking that no emulation software is installed.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

aww... so the reg tweak is a must.... ok, i will look into that. thx.

and yes, i understand that there are no-cd cracks out there. but..... it's somewhat against my better consciousness to use it...lol.

thank you for ur replies.

btw, NetSoerfer, will the next version of daemon be able to emulate Securom 7?

thx.

Comment

From what I've heard, yes, it will.

Keep this forum free from conversations about illegal activities!
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
        X