Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT Pro

Hi all, don't know where to post this, so I will leave it here.lol
    What I saw in the announcement board was great. But I hope it will stay a free /donate programm. For sure that like ALL other favorite software it will be soon on the P2P networks. So please be mercy on us folks from Daemon Tools and let it be free!

:twisted: :lol:

no. it will not be free, but you can use the "light" (the current version) for free.

What concerns p2p, feel free to get it on p2p-networks if you like. DTPro needs
    regular updates and service anyway, and I can assure you, we take precautions
    that even StarForce would be envious

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
      we take precautions that even StarForce would be envious
      Y'know, a lot of us use DT because we don't like the protection systems such as Starforce. If DT pro starts pulling crap like that, I strongly suspect you'll get a lot of paying customers complaining. With that in mind, what sort of 'precautions' are you talking about? Are they transparent to the user? Do they require an internet connection (once, or multiple times)? What do you mean by 'regular updates and service'?

Comment

I am wondering if there will be a trial version of DT Pro. How else can people try out all the new features of the Pro version before buying?

Comment

I would think instead a free version would consist of DT v4, but not the Pro. The Pro would have more features I would think. Something like that is usually what demo is like, but I'm not a dev so I do not know for sure, and well I registered DT so it doesn't matter to me since I'm still entitled to the Pro.

Comment

Originally Posted by Stauf
            we take precautions that even StarForce would be envious
            Y'know, a lot of us use DT because we don't like the protection systems such as Starforce. If DT pro starts pulling crap like that, I strongly suspect you'll get a lot of paying customers complaining. With that in mind, what sort of 'precautions' are you talking about? Are they transparent to the user? Do they require an internet connection (once, or multiple times)? What do you mean by 'regular updates and service'?
            Well, you cannot really compare CD Copy Protections with a registration system for a program like Daemon Tools. You have the right to make backups of your games, but the publishers try to prevent that. But Daemon Tools' registration system only ensures that you've paid for what you're using - you're not hindered to do anything you're legally allowed to.

Have you ever used Alcohol 120%? It has a very efficient mechanism to ensure it's not used without registration; as far as I know, all attempts to crack it or provide serial numbers on the internet have failed for the current version so far. (But I have to admit, I haven't really been looking.) That system is transparent to the user, you just enter your key to unlock the program. Everything else will go unnoticed.

I assume that DT Pro's registration system will be similar. Does that answer your question?
            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

A cracked version was available the same day the current version was released.
              Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

It is similar to Alcohol's registration, yes

Well, we're not talking about restrictions that the CUSTOMER will feel!!
                Make as much copys as you like! How could anyone believe something
                different.
                It's not a COPY-protection, it's a SERIAL-protection, what else did you expect?
                Of course it's not so easy to bypass that serial as you maybe noticed in
                other products. The skills to bypass it is as high as StarForce, if not higher.
                And I hope you don't want to discuss with me about warez/piracy here,
                or I must again paste our board-rules here.

EVERYTHING can be cracked, only a matter of time. We know that. But if people can't afford the price for DT Pro, they can still use the FREEWARE-
                version of DT. This is MORE than fair.
                I really don't see the problem here, except that some people
                want everything for free. There are always people out there that think the
                world owns them

@Kitna: yes, you're right. DT Pro will be available as cracked version, too, but I doubt it will be the first day. Maybe the second

@Stauf: like explained above, we don't plan to annoy our customers with
                CD-checks and btw: most of our customers are happy to receive a
                serial now

Comment

Was there any thoughts on how much DT Pro was going to cost?

I think 5-10 USD would be a reasonable price, give 1 years free updates, and you can pay for another year's updates (but the program wont actually 'expire' as such)

Sound good?

Comment

no. it will not be free, but you can use the "light" (the current version) for free.

What concerns p2p, feel free to get it on p2p-networks if you like. DTPro needs
                    regular updates and service anyway, and I can assure you, we take precautions
                    that even StarForce would be envious
                    I'll be the first to buy it. Your software rock, you rock guys.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mauro Rosati
                      If you want to, you can buy it today; registered customers will be entitled to free updates for all future versions of Daemon Tools. If you're interested, check out the Register DAEMON Tools link!

NetSoerfer

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
                        If you want to, you can buy it today; registered customers will be entitled to free updates for all future versions of Daemon Tools. If you're interested, check out the Register DAEMON Tools link!

NetSoerfer
                        Ok, thanks.

Comment

NetSoerfer
                          Bought it, .

Comment

Bought it, .
                            A big 'thank you' for supporting Daemon Tools!

Comment

Bought it, .
                              A big 'thank you' for supporting Daemon Tools!
                              You deserve it guys. You really rocks and I use Daemon Tools a lot, every person it uses a lot should registering it. They're a little money effort for a big software. So people support Daemon Tools and its team.

Comment

Working...
                              X