Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new plugin system

Just to add to that:

Well the new plugin system is for customers only so for others it will important that the IDE Jammer works effectively.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by overlrd
      I have bought (17th), registered and still waiting to be added to the customer list.
      same here. although i bought on the 21st.

Comment

I won't purchase until the x64-version is released, so I guess I'll have to wait for a while longer Then there is an even longer wait until Pro is released but atleast I can use my images again

Edit: Yay, it's released. Guess I'm off to register now then

Edit2: And registered Now the wait for Pro begins, but atleast now there is a working/usable version.
        Last edited by Steffe; 27.11.2005, 01:21.

Comment

Originally Posted by cinamon
          I will buy the pro version as soon as it gets released with the features I expect it to have, honestly the free version release did disappoint the comminty a bit, maybe the pre-hype was just too much , however DT4 free version still is a good program, works fine on SF3.x, Securom7 , safedisk 4.x, what else can you want for a free program, however the pro version should definatly have some serious features that were mentioned many times before, which i listed below, i hope the development for that will not take another 12 months - because sometimes software development that long causes the outcoming product to have little or no value at all (Im a business application programmer)

the $15 US is a fair price
          Pro version features that I'd like to see confirmed before I will purchase
          -IDE interface (critical) all protections have scsi blacklisted, emulator with scsi is kinda pointless now
          -vIDE Jammer
          -x64 support
          -must support SF3.7+ and SR7+ without disconnecting drives
          commitment to regular 'hotpatches' updates (againt blacklisting), look at how quick the SF protection updates itself, development team (if they have enough $ resources should be able to keep up with that and put out a patch once a month )

is this asking for too much ? I dont think so
          Again $15 is a fair price and I will buy as soon as the Pro version gets released, I guess there will be an announcement that its available or ?

Any thoughts anyone ?
          I agree with this. As soon as I see that DT Pro is released, and that it has the features that are required to emulate modern copy protections, I will buy it.

Comment

DT4 already has that capability, and the x64 version is now out. As for DT Pro, it will be several months before we see it released. The only additional features in DT Pro over DT4 is image-creation and (iirc) some type of plugins support. As well, there will be the virtual IDE driver, but it may show up in DT4 before then.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463
              DT4 already has that capability, and the x64 version is now out. As for DT Pro, it will be several months before we see it released. The only additional features in DT Pro over DT4 is image-creation and (iirc) some type of plugins support. As well, there will be the virtual IDE driver, but it may show up in DT4 before then.
              Ehm... Isn't the whole point of DTpro the vIDE (apart from image creation)? DT4 will stay at SCSI and get an IDE jammer sometime, and pro will have direct IDE emulation, therefore removing the hassle of any jamming tools.
              Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've read this has been said over and over again.

Comment

Correction, it *may* (emphasis on may) show up in the customer version of DT4 before the release of DT Pro.

Comment

well does this mean the concept of you pay you play??
                  Yossef A. Ben Mikhail
                  MCSA MCDST

any mevin ivrit.

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                    cinamon I'd register soon if you want to use the virtual IDE drive.
                    someone clear this up for me please, by registering now for the us$15
                    do you get the DT4 customer version that has a working Virtual IDE drive ? , or is that to come later down the road (with a possible price increase)
                    I know there is many posts about this already, but there is equally lots of confusing posts about this too, thanks!

Comment

I assume that's a rhetorical question.
                      the modern world:
                      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by yacbos
                        well does this mean the concept of you pay you play??
                        Why should that be the concept. Look though the board and you will see that the free version of DT4 will get an IDE-Jammer to prevent the blacklisting. This will enable you to play (all) games.

Paying customers will have a vIDE-Device, so they will not need to run an IDE-Jammer, and the Pro-Version will be able to create images.

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                          cinamon I'd register soon if you want to use the virtual IDE drive.

By saying that, are you implying that DT4 Pro is due out soon or what?...Cause thats the underlying tone in what your saying there.:wink:

Comment

D-Tools Pro is not due soon as far as I know.
                            The price for D-Tools Pro may very well increase though.
                            Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

Originally Posted by Kitna
                              D-Tools Pro is not due soon as far as I know.
                              The price for D-Tools Pro may very well increase though.
                              Strange, my reply to you didnt show up after posting so here we go again.

I asked Underheaven that question cause he is a betatester so he must have some insider information about how far they are on Pro and with his post he was implying that it was to be released soon.
                              I also was under the impression that Pro wasn't even close in any way to be released soon, but thats why I found it funny to see a comment like that in the public forums, when every post so far in customer forums imply its far from release. But maybe it was an atempt to get him to register.

Comment

Originally Posted by Canaria
                                Strange, my reply to you didnt show up after posting so here we go again.
                                The forum is moderated.

I asked Underheaven that question cause he is a betatester so he must have some insider information about how far they are on Pro and with his post he was implying that it was to be released soon.
                                The customer version of DTv4 (which is not Daemon Tools Pro!) will soon be IDE based rather than SCSI.

DTPro however will still need some time before it's released.
                                "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
                                X