Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OS X Tiger Beta version and PearPc

Howdy

I have downloaded a beta version of OS X Tiger (Mac OS) into my windows pc.

The format of the files are .dmg

I read in a post somewhere that I could use deamon Tools to mount or burn the dmg files in my pc.

I have Nero 6 and Alcohol 120 Corporate on My Pc

I have read that it is no good converting the dmg files to ISO and burning, as a Mac wont read the burnt image.

What I am basically trying to do is set up this Virtual machine in my pc. The Virtual Machine Emulator is called PearPc. This is a open source software that apparently gives u the ability to run a Mac Operating system within a virtual envirement, on a Windows XP machine, much like VM Ware.

I just want to have a play with a Macintosh OS in my PC. I believe PearPC is the ticket, But dealing with the .dmg file is the problem. Unfortuanately I dont have a Mac to burn the file to disk.

I dont know if what I am trying to do is possible, with the resources I have availaible. I have a P4 3200 Prescott, GA board, 1GB RAM, LG DVD dual layer burner - but no Mac.

I have downoaded the Daemon 347 exe and am just about to install it.

Any help would be apreciated. I am reasonable with pc's but i dont have any experience with Daemon Tools or Mac's.

Thanks

I recommend finding an Apple with OS X or something and burn the dmg files to CD-R discs.
    And yes I know you said
    Unfortuanately I dont have a Mac to burn the file to disk.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Is there any other option??

Comment

Buy a copy of Tiger and make the images yourself in another format, or if you already have a valid licence then download them in PC format?
        Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

Do a google for dmg to iso download the conversion tool and convert your images to isos, then follow the instructions here: http://s87840517.onlinehome.us/pearpc.html

Worked fine for me.

Comment

Working...
          X