Battlefield 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2

I sucessfully created an image with Alcohol that mounts and runs fine with daemon tools, but I was hoping that I could burn battlefield 2 to a dvd (I bought the DVD version) and run it from the DVD just by using the emulation options in daemon tools, is this possible? Battlefield 2 uses SafeDisc 4

Ehh, some DVD burners can burn SD4, some can't. For BF2 I just used Alchohol to make the image and Fireburner to burn the thing and it worked fine. I had a Liteon burner on that comp, dunno which model, Im out of the house right now so I cant say .
    Failure is the mother of success.

Comment

I have Alcohol 120% and I can create an image using the setting SafeDisk or SafeDisk 2/3. Which one do I use and does it take a while becuase i tried it but it seems to go very slow and it has a lot of errors.

Also I have the CD-Rom version of the game. I do have a dvd-burner but they didn't have any of the DVD versions instock when I picked up the game.

Thanks,
      RandomNinjaAtk

Comment

I used the SafeDisc 2/3 profile and I put the DPM measurement speed at 1x to be on the safe side, works fine. It does take a long time. DPM at 1x on a DVD takes quite a while as a matter of fact. If you have the CD version you only need to create an image of the disc you insert when you play, that will take much less time.

Comment

yeah i know. But i like to make images of all the disks. So I can reinstall at anytime with ease or if I lose a disk its not a big deal.

Comment

in that case you only have to do DPM on the one disk and select "normal cd" for the rest.

Comment

DPM is NOT needed for Safedisc!
              Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
              They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

You mean that you managed to play BF2 with an emulation software like SoftDisc?

I made the image with Softdisc... so maybe it comes from that? So if I use Alcohol, it will work ?

Sorry, but my english is not too good.

Comment

Working...
                X