64bit HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64bit HELP

i have a Memorex DVD+/-DLRWL1F16 BURNER AND I HAVE THE ORIGINAL KEY AND WINDOWS 64 BIT EDITION CD AND I CANT MAKE A BACKUP COPY THAT WORKS WHAT CAN I DO.....it will not boot the cd at all and i cant run setup from dos boot disk...PLZ HELP

copy protected non-game disc from Microsoft

Well, I'm replying to your question over two weeks later... so, sorry that you didn't get a response before now.

ALL CAPS is rude by the way. I've never even heard of a copy protected non-game disc from Microsoft. Is this OS disc a CD or DVD? What program are you using to read the disc to the hard drive and what program are you using to burn?

Are you trying to install the OS on a 32-bit computer?
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

i have a AMD 64-bit 3200+ and i cant install the os that i bought

Comment

copy protected non-game disc from Microsoft

"WINDOWS 64 BIT EDITION", do you mean Microsoft XP Professional x64 Edition? I'm curious where they are selling this nowadays.

Is this OS disc a CD or DVD?

What program are you using to read the disc to the hard drive and what program are you using to burn?

Does your computer boot from the original install media but not boot from the copy?

Do you have any other (el-torito) operating system install discs to test out? Such as a Windows XP 32-bit home/pro? If you cannot get that to boot then it must be your computer configuration and not your method of copying the disc.
        Maybe your BIOS is just configured improperly to boot the hard drive, cd-rom, then lastly floppy.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
          I've never even heard of a copy protected non-game disc from Microsoft.
          I agree. I also hope that Microsoft don't literally start using CSS
          for DVDs!!! CSS is what motion picture DVDs use (DVDs from motion picture studios. Columbia, Universal, Tri-Star, Dreamworks and etc.) Because then how can we get around that legally?

I hope that if Microsoft does, it comes back to bite them like a Doberman Pinscher!!!

Stupid DRM, for prohibiting back up copies.

Comment

Did you verify if the original cd was not created using multitrack technology? If so, the boot track may be in a different track from the installation. You will need to make a clone in order to backup it.

Comment

They won't copy protect their pro CD/DVD, because IT professional need to use backup CD/DVD... The key written on the CD/DVD on the box of the OS/Office prog has no real importance as long as you use the customer's serial.
              Carpe diem

Comment

I have installed it in my EM64T without problems. Like XP 32 bits. Putting the CD in the driver, restart computer and begannstallation.

Only problem was for the IDE RAID controller, but nothing else like installing a RAID onto win XP 32 bits...

try to install win XP 32 and use AIDA32 to verify that you have a real AMD 64.

Comment

Originally Posted by sakatam
                  i have a Memorex DVD+/-DLRWL1F16 BURNER AND I HAVE THE ORIGINAL KEY AND WINDOWS 64 BIT EDITION CD AND I CANT MAKE A BACKUP COPY THAT WORKS WHAT CAN I DO.....it will not boot the cd at all and i cant run setup from dos boot disk...PLZ HELP
                  Did you burn the CD yourself? If so, no wonder it does not boot under DOS. You also need to burn the boot image into the disk too.

Comment

bootable CDs

Nice suggestion, I think many people don't realize that when copying bootable CDs.
                    Last edited by Underheaven; 26.11.2005, 15:35.
                    the modern world:
                    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                    X