Help With Nero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Nero

How do I config nero to backup/burn copy protected CD's (apparently there was a change you had to make to a file or somthing :?: )

I'M REALLY SORRY IF I'M BREAKING A FORUM RULE!!! !!!!!

You can't! Use Alcohol!
    Mounty Bob strikes back

Comment

Re: Help With Nero

Originally Posted by Hiato
      How do I config nero to backup/burn copy protected CD's (apparently there was a change you had to make to a file or somthing :?: )

I'M REALLY SORRY IF I'M BREAKING A FORUM RULE!!! !!!!!
      You can't burn copy protected cd/dvd's with Nero mate. As CongoMan says, use Alc120%

Comment

....or Blindwrite!

Comment

You can burn copy protected discs with Nero. But only old ones that utilize bad sectors and subchannels.
          To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

I'll let you provide the support if people have issues
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

not nero

use blind write or fantom cd or sometihng like.
              that not nero
              good luck

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                I'll let you provide the support if people have issues
                Point taken. But if you know a bit more about protections other than their name, you can do it with Nero. In the end, it's not that hard.

Comment

not nero

you are right i dont no other than the name.
                  im a newbee i was just trying to help out.
                  but they do work

Comment

Nero isn't a decrypting program

IMHO there is no way that Nero can copy a protected CD/DVD as it is a commercial stock traded company in Germany. Google for some decrypting program (see documentation for Daemon Tools) that you would like to try, some come with free trials (shareware) try before you buy it. If you don't like nero for burning an image file there is a freeware one that works well for burning DVD image files. Just Google for ImgBurn. I highly recommend it.
                    "There are white lies, damned lies and....statistics!"

Mark Twain

Yeah,
                    Grumpy Troll

Comment

Nero can duplicate sector errors with the right settings, which are used by some copy protections (e.g. SafeDisc). However there are a lot of other mechanisms to recognize a copy, so we generally say that Nero doesn't work with copy protected CDs.

Sometimes it's easier to generalize than to have to explain every single detail.

To make copies of copy protected CDs, it's best to use Alcohol 120% and the likes, software that's made for copying protected CDs.
                      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Also, Nero can copy subchannel data, which means it can also copy Securom versions < 4.7x. But these days protections involve more than bad sectors and subchannels aren't used at all anymore, so as NetSoerfer said, dedicated software is a much better choice (and sometimes the only choice).

Comment

Working...
                        X