Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SecuROM 5.03.06.0019 - A Hacker's Challenge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SecuROM 5.03.06.0019 - A Hacker's Challenge!

Hello!

I have a 1 CD-Rom Game titled, "The Incredibles - When Danger Calls."

This is not the older 2 CD-Rom game just called "The Incredibles."

Vendor is www.thq.com

It is protected via SecuROM 5.03.06.0019 - tested via A-RAY.

To be honest, I have tried everthing that I can to find a way to create a mountable image (via a Virtual Drive) of this game (i.e. emulation).

The result has been impossible.

The main error is: "Conflict with disc emulator software - see www.securom.com/emulation for details."

The game is not only protected with the above SecuROM protection, but there is a BLACKLIST against every CD emulator out there, for example:

Daemon Tools
    Alcohol 120%

I challenge someone to find a way to defeat this!

No, Anti-Blaxx won't work nor remaing of the device drivers.. at least from what I have tried. Alcohol's Blacklist fix for SecuROM does not work.

Registry manipulations under Windows XP sp1 are a failure, too.

I am very open to detailed suggestions, but I think that SecuROM has really won this time. Heck, I Paid for the software and now have to run it off the CD-Rom!

Am I missing something? Is there a tested step-by-step procedure?

Please Help...

TIA,

Robert

we will check this issue :!:

btw: did you not only renamed the driver, but also the vendor and version-number? It is known that those entries must be changed, too!

Comment

Re: SecuROM 5.03.06.0019 - A Hacker's Challenge!

Originally Posted by Nanometer
      Hello!

I have a 1 CD-Rom Game titled, "The Incredibles - When Danger Calls."

This is not the older 2 CD-Rom game just called "The Incredibles."

Vendor is www.thq.com

It is protected via SecuROM 5.03.06.0019 - tested via A-RAY.

To be honest, I have tried everthing that I can to find a way to create a mountable image (via a Virtual Drive) of this game (i.e. emulation).

The result has been impossible.

The main error is: "Conflict with disc emulator software - see www.securom.com/emulation for details."

The game is not only protected with the above SecuROM protection, but there is a BLACKLIST against every CD emulator out there, for example:

Daemon Tools
      Alcohol 120%

I challenge someone to find a way to defeat this!

No, Anti-Blaxx won't work nor remaing of the device drivers.. at least from what I have tried. Alcohol's Blacklist fix for SecuROM does not work.

Registry manipulations under Windows XP sp1 are a failure, too.

I am very open to detailed suggestions, but I think that SecuROM has really won this time. Heck, I Paid for the software and now have to run it off the CD-Rom!

Am I missing something? Is there a tested step-by-step procedure?

Please Help...

TIA,

Robert
      If you had followed my instructions from www.makeabackup.com forums you could already be playing this from a backup.
      The Alcohol blacklist fix DOES work, but you need to follow ALL of my instructions.
      Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

thx kitna, I already thought that this was because of errornous usage
        rather than a blacklist

you saved me some bucks, so it's me who will offer you a cup of coffee now

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
          thx kitna, I already thought that this was because of errornous usage
          rather than a blacklist

you saved me some bucks, so it's me who will offer you a cup of coffee now
          Sounds great

Comment

For Kitna and LocutusofBorg... Re: My original post.

Hi there,

I read your posts with great interest...

I tried the steps but still CANNOT make an image to be emulated under Alcohol and/or Daemon-Tools.

Perhaps I made a mistake...

Can you send me a link to the exact post that will work just to create a hard disk image and emulate it as descibed above?

Then I will try it with my friend, so as to double check the procedure and report back yo both of you...

Many thanks,

Robert :o

Comment

Note to my previous post... important.

Hi again,

Just wanted to state again that I wish to play from a hard disk image and not a physical CD, as Kitna mentions above...

Thanks,

Robert :oops:

Comment

I understood that from your very first posting. However, I think the whole
                problem is that you don't have the experience to cope with the many
                tips and especially you don't know what the one or other detail means.

I try to start from the very first beginning here:

Install Alcohol to create image, standard-installation is ok here.
                Use profile "Securom New V4.x/V5.x"; the subchannel option TICKED

create your image using dpm-speed 4x or search at internet for a proper
                .mds-file (there are places where those .mds-files are offered for hopeless
                cases)

after that, deinstall EVERYTHING that is looking like an emulator, including
                alcohol, CloneCD, Nero's ImageDrive and of course Daemon Tools.

REBOOT!

Install Daemon Tools again, USE OTHER DRIVER NAMES!!! that means:
                use NOT dt347.prt and dt347.sys

After install, change the drive-name and vendor, f.e. "Nanodrive" as vendor
                and "2.2" as version.

REBOOT

search for "VirtualHide" (download it at www.copybase.ch in their download-
                section)

Now mount the imagefile. The installer openes and you install the game.
                After that, start "Virtualhide". A tray-icon appears. Use option "Hide all virtual drives (or similar named, don't remember exactly"

Start your Game, everything should run flawlessly now.

Important: If you where successfull, REPORT IT BACK HERE!!

if even that would not help you, I point out the possibility to purchase
                DAEMON Tools (and therefore you have our customer-support) and I
                personally will assist you with a working backup, even if it take 10 hours
                to do so.

Comment

Is it possible for you to rip the images with a different (perhaps a friends) CD drive?
                  You stated in the makeabackup forum that your CD drive was unable to extract the subchannel info.

Comment

SecuROM 5.03.06.0019 - Important News...

Hi LocutusofBorg and Kitna,

I would like to report SUCCESS in creating an image of "The Incredibles - When Danger Calls" with SecuROM 5.03.06.0019.

Let me detail my non-scientific procedure with DT 3.47 and Alcohol 120%:

(Done under Windows XP, SP1)

1) Created image with Alcohol 120%, selecting Subtype "Securom 4.x\5.x"

2) The box was already ticked to include Subchannel Data. No Change.

3) DPM set at 4X.

4) Image files .MDF and .MDS created just fine. 1 bogus read error.

5) Uninstalled DT 3.47 fully and rebooted!

6) Re-installed Daemon-Tools, changing Device Driver names in the S/W.

7) Additonally, CD/DVD Drive name and Vendor changed, as per your post.

8) Imagefile mounted under DT3.47 just fine.

9) Removed physical CD-Rom from Drive (no longer needed)

10) Ran program Setup, full install.

11) Clicked on Desktop Shortcut - and it worked perfectly.

Important Notes:

A) Virtual CD Hide is not required.

B) Ran with ALL emulation protections in DT 3.47 -- OFF. I have to try enabling SecuROM - Don't think it will make a difference.

C) Alcohol 120% emulator was able to do the same thing, BUT, it somehow started the program "in the middle" which I found very odd. Solution is to remove (already unmounted) DT 3.47 and reboot. It worked fine after that and the game started from the initial splash screens. You might wish to report this to your buddies at Alcohol-soft.

D) DT 3.47 worked fine with or without Alcohol being present.

Next step (just for run) is to make a emulated backup CD... Please provide me with directions.

To thank you, I am purchasing DT4 when it comes out.

Regards,

Robert

Comment

Ooops! Forgot to mention...

Hi.

Forgot to mention that Alcohol-Soft's SecuROM Blacklist Fix (File) was not needed nor used for emulation under Alcohol 120%

Robert 8)

Comment

the reason you don't needed that fix was because you removed your physical
                        drive - how could I know that you remove it after you created your image :mrgreen:

In that case VirtualHide is of course not needed, too. The report about the
                        start in the middle is indeed a little bit strange. Will look into that further.

If you run your backup from hdd (means: from image), you don't have
                        to tick emulationoptions on. But it don't harm if you switch them on, it just
                        makes no difference.

Glad to hear that you purchase DT 4

Comment

Your post.

Hi,

Just wanted to mention that I did *NOT* remove the Physical CD-ROM Drive from the computer, just the actual CD media.

As for starting in the middle, it appears that there is some interaction between Daemon-Tools and Alcohol.

Just wanted to clarify...

:lol:

Comment

yes, my fault, I didn't read your report properly; sorry

Comment

Re: SecuROM 5.03.06.0019 - Important News...

Originally Posted by Nanometer
                              Next step (just for run) is to make a emulated backup CD... Please provide me with directions.
                              Glad to hear you got it working
                              To make an emulated backup.
                              1) Burn your image using Alcohol 120% using the SecuROM New 4.x/5.x Datatype.
                              2) Make sure RMPS emulation is enabled in either Alcohol or Daemon Tools.
                              3) Insert CD and play

Comment

Working...
                              X