• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diablo 2 Asking for CD

Operating System : Windows XP
    Burning Software : Nero 6
    Anti-virus Software : AVG FREE
    DAEMON Tools Version : 3.47
    OK, I have the D2 bin file, but when I load it, it asks for a cd to be in the drive. Why is that? Is there a way to make it work without the actual legit cd in the drive? I burned the CD into a CD-R and still no luck. Now my cd is scratched as hell and I can barely play with it, and burning it again is out of the question.. any solutions?

!!!! I think I got it after further reading and fiding out about the Alcohol 120% and the image making thing method. But now I have 2 questions
    1. How do I make drive D: a different letter so that DT can emulate on D
    2. For the Emulators to work, does DT need to be running?

Comment

1. Try to run D2 via game.exe, not D2.exe, it should work then, otherwise you've to change the drive letters (run diskmgmt.msc) so Daemon Tools virtual device gets the lowest available cd-rom drive letter,
      2. actually you don't need any emulation to play from (good) image.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

If I set DT to D: (lowest) no game should ask for a cd then?

Comment

No, it depends on the game. Most games don't care, but some - usually older - games run from the lowest drive letter or from the drive they were installed from only.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Ok so how do I stop them from asking for a cd without the need of a crack (since patches are released very often)

Comment

how do I bypass any game's CD/DVD check?

Originally Posted by TylerDurden
              Ok so how do I stop them from asking for a cd without the need of a crack (since patches are released very often)
              Follow the directions regarding reading to the hard disk and for mounting CD/DVD's (you will be able to get almost any program/game you want to use fully working via DAEMON Tools, and even more so after the next version fixes a few blacklists). And keep asking questions if you can't get certain games to work.

p.s. You won't find any information about how to get a "crack" on this website. It even makes people worried when you talk about it.
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Where do I get the directions? And I use a crack.. because obviously the game won't load without a crack, which is why I'm trying to figure out how to only use DT, and I refer from usig the Diablo 2 CD cuz its scratched badly like I said before. Cracks are not illegal

Comment

if your cd isn't readable anymore you should contact the publisher and
                  ask for a replacement. This will of course need you to purchase some dollars
                  for it again.

With your old disc, you're on a lost.

What concerns your "Cracks" are not illegal: they are illegal on some places
                  already, and WE for sure don't support cracks. It's even not allowed to
                  discuss here on THIS portal about it. I suggest to read the BOARDRULES
                  again (you know, the part that you accepted when you registered here)
                  Normally, we kick people just for mentioning it, but it seems you're indeed
                  owner of a legal copy. So my advice is to use DAEMON Tools for your new
                  copy so you won't have to replace it again. After you got your new copy
                  from your publisher come back and we explain to you exactly how to
                  make it run from virtual drive. But before there's nothing we can do, sorry

here is a direct link to our boardrules, please read them carefully!!

after all, this is like a house and we have the right to decide about what
                  to talk and what not. It's not acceptable that we get legal problems just
                  because people can't obey on our rules.

Comment

Ok sorry. Well, one of my friends might have his copy so maybe I could borrow his, and as for the scratched one, I doubt they actually go through the trouble of replacing it and my dad wouldn't pay the fee (ever) but my friend will proably land it. If he doesn't, is it possible to make a 1:1 copy of the IMAGE only?
                    Edit: after readimg the rules I found that I didn't do anything wrong, I didn't discuss about them, I just said I use one... never asked any "questions" about it. I won't talk about it anymore, I understand though
                    Edit 2: I think you made a mistake in the rules, there's a Dutch rule (5) in the English section

Comment

as you're indeed having an original-disc, you can (theoretical) make a new copy of your friends cd and use that one as source for an image. As long
                      as you have the (even scratched) disc, you're allowed to run a backup-copy.
                      There are already some threads about how to do it (especially for Diablo2,
                      use the board-search to find out more).

What concerns the "dutch" rule, it is german and the reason it's there is
                      to make sure our german visitors post in the german board in case they
                      have a question. So it's there to make sure our german visitors see it

Comment

please please please direct link me? There are just wayyyy too many threads and its no D2 specific, just having trouble with that sort of stuff. And as I said, I already have an image from before. But when I load it, it asks for a cd

Comment

simple notes on reading to disk/copying Diablo II game

What burning program did you use to create the image? Your CD that you use to create the image should not have scratches on it, and the game should work if you try to play directly from the CD.

I am going to suggest a program and a setting, but there are sooo many ways to solve your problem, keep in mind that if you just read some more you'll discover how easy everything is. Try Alcohol 120% or Slysoft CloneCD and set the profile to SecuROM (read subcode data) and use a container format such as .mds/.mdf or .ccd/.img/.sub. If you see any profile setting called secuROM new, you don't need that setting.
                          the modern world:
                          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

That is exactly what I did after about 10 tries of burning that damn cd. So now I have that .mdf image and I'll test it in a few days when the new patch from blizzard comes out. I might of solved it but I can't be sure untill the new patch comes out

Comment

how to test the newly created image

a) You can test now (before a new online multiplayer patch is forced on you) if you de-install and then re-install your game.
                              b) You can test the .mds/.mdf image file without burning it. Use the DAEMON Tools virtual drive.
                              c) Not all burners are capable of burning SecuROM (let alone SecuROM new), but many newer ones are. Some drives cannot even read subcodes, but this is also rare in newer drives.
                              the modern world:
                              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                              X