Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sims2 ISO created yet still need disk to play??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sims2 ISO created yet still need disk to play??

Hello. Dunno if this is the place to post this but....
    I got my Sim2 DVD edition today (Whoohoo! :lol: ) and as usual I create an ISO (I did this for my everygame)with Nero to use it with my virtual drive program (Daemon). Funny thing is, it still ask for the disk everytime I start to play :shock: . Is there any anti-crack software preventing me to do a backup? :cry:
    BTW, to avoid any scratch, I dun play games with its disk in the drive (I bought these with my hard-earn money... )

You can't play from Nero-image as it lacks copy-protection information. I don't know about the cd-version, but since it's EA you'll probably have used SafeDisc, so an alcohol image should do.
    Mounty Bob strikes back

Comment

Originally Posted by CongoMan
      You can't play from Nero-image as it lacks copy-protection information. I don't know about the cd-version, but since it's EA you'll probably have used SafeDisc, so an alcohol image should do.
      Does this mean I have to use Alcohol120% to create an ISO?
      :?:

Comment

No, it means you've to use Alcohol to create an image in Alcohol's native mds/mdf format. :mrgreen:
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Eh..I'm kind of noob. Can someone explain how do I create an ISO based on Alcohol's native mds/mdf format? Also, can I burn it into a disk and does it compatible with DAEMON? :oops:

Comment

it's NOT an ISO-based alcohol image. it's like this:

EITHER you have an ISO
            OR you have an MDS/MDF

MDS/MDF is MUCH better as it stores MORE information about the CD than an ISO, therefore you are much more likely able to play with an MDS/MDF, as copyprotection stuff is also stored in the iamge.

hope i expressed myself understandably ...
            Mounty Bob strikes back

Comment

Thanks for the reply~

Comment

Working...
              X