Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: The new D-tool V4 - for free or not?

Experienced User

Default The new D-tool V4 - for free or not?

Operating System: athlon 64 3800+
    Burning Software: alcohol, blindwrite, ccd, virtual cd
    Anti-virus Software: antivir
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

hi together

i have read, that the new version becames to types. a "pro" and a "for free" version. is that right and what are the costs for users to get the pro one?

thanks
    cu
    rza

Operating System: P4 3200 Mhz Geforce 6800 with 256 Mb
    Burning Software: alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3105
    Anti-virus Software: none
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Yes, that is right!

Daemon-Tools v4 will be free for everyone, but DT pro v1 will cost something around 14 . But therefore you will be able to make images and things like that.
    I hate starforce, therefore I hate me, but I like everyone who is against me

Experienced User

thanks for your answer

but what can i do more with pro? is pro better for example for starforce than the free version?

cu
    rza

Starforce will be emulated by both versions.

With the pro you will be able to make your own backups.
    Therefore you don't have to use any other programs like Alcohol, Blindwrite or Clone Cd. But remember you can't burn Discs with the pro version.

I think you will be able to emulate everything with DT v4 and the pro version, but with the pro you don't need any other Tools.

Experienced User

thanks again

that sounds good. and its possible to emulate all images with free/pro without burning a disc to start it in my rom? the new versions are so strong to make an image from every copyprotection cd, is that right?
    wow

important: can i use both versions on one computer without problems with other tools

cu
    rza

First Question: Yes, that's right. If you make a backup of your CD/DVD, you will never have to put in the CD/DVD anymore!

Second Question: I think yes! 99% of all protections will be emulated (I hope) and you will be able to make images of most Discs (I think [hope] nearly 99%).

Third Question: It should be able to use it with all other tools on your Pc! You don't have to use both. DT v4 is more or less integrated in the pro, therefore (I think) you don't have to use DT v4, if you bought the pro!

Experienced User

thank you very much for your answers.
    now i donґt have any questions about the new d-tool. if i have, i will write it down.
    so, thanks and have a nice evening
    cu
    rza

oh, one last question

is it better to make an image with d-tool pro than with alcohol

Fine, but don't forget: I'm just a customer! Maybe there is something wrong but I don't think so !

Experienced User

i have one last question, i hope

when i use pro i donґt need for example alcohol 120% anymore? are all the functions/options which are included in alcohol are in d-tool pro too?

i hope you understand what i mean, because i try to translate the german sentences into english :oops:

thanks
    rza

Yes, I understand. I am german, too 8) .

Yes, most functions!
    But you aren't able to make 1:1 copys with the pro like with Alcohol 120%!
    But you are able to make images on your PC! Then you are able to emulate the discs!

German:
    Ja, die meisten Funktionen.
    Aber du kannst nicht mit der pro version 1:1 CD's kopieren wie mit Alcohol 120%. Aber du kanst CD-Abbilder auf deinem PC speichern! Dann kast du diese mit der pro emulieren

P.S. : There is a german section in this forum !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast