Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: ONE MOMENT IT WORKED , NOW IT DOSNT ?????

Default ONE MOMENT IT WORKED , NOW IT DOSNT ?????

Hi
    made back up images of educational software i own , all use to work fine with dt , but now i keep getting asked for the cd ??? on 4 of them , the other one , tries to laod and giveds the error = macromedia flash has a problem and has to close , the other 2 work fine ??
    i apologise for the lack of info but if you tell me what info you need to solve this i will get it for you
    the only thing i can see that looks like it a protection thing is SECDRV ??
    THANK YOU :idea:

Secdrv.sys is Macrovision = SafeDisc driver.
    Try to change Vendor and Model names of virtual devices to non-standard names, also try to un-install Daemon Tools and re-install with non-default driver names, if renaming of virtual devices does not help.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

hello again copy troper
    thanks for your fast reply ,
    sorry but i have no idea what you mean by,,, Try to change Vendor and Model names of virtual devices to non-standard names?
    could you give me a bit more deatails of what , how to do it /
    thanks
    Bill

Right-click on Daemon Tools tray icon -> Virtual CD/DVD-ROM -> select the drive to change -> Set device parameters -> change Vendor and Model names.

hi
    thank you for that , but no go im sorry to say , changed vendor and model name , no go , uninstalled and re installed with different numbers in the driver boxes , still the same, problem .
    is there anything else you can think off ? as i said , all but one worked fine , now i get asked for the cd , and one runs to the loading screen and then the error box ?? if you need more info please let me know
    cheers
    Bill

Experienced User

there IS software that runs without the cd for some time, then ask for it once in a while. in case your images aren't good it might be the first time you run into the cd-check and now it does not work.
    Mounty Bob strikes back

Did you try to un-install Daemon Tools and re-install with non-default driver names then? And if it still fails, also try to use non-standard Vendor and Model names again.

hi
    did as you said uninstalled , re installed , all i did was change the numbers in the driver port box'es , and then it did not work , so i changed the vendor and model names to something obscure like hghghg, jkjkjkj, etc still no joy , what congo man says has happend before , have tried new images , but no work , and anyhow 2 still work ???
    puzzeling ???

Btw what exactly happens - "did not work"? Do you get some error message?

Hi
    no error messages , only pop up asking to insert the cd , only one , image comes up with a error, it's loading screen comes up and then dissapears to be replaced with the windows xp box opens up with " macromedia projector , has a problem , and needs to close , usuall error reporting box !

Bill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast