• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get certain games to work

Operating System: Windows Xp home edition-32 bit
    Burning Software: Nero express, blindwrite trial
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Anti-virus 2004
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

:o Hello all Just downloaded daemon tools and made images of my cd's.I can't believe how great it works not to mention how much faster it runs my games. I've been having a problem running a couple of my games with daemon tools, the games are silent hill 3 and Terminator 3: War Of The Machines, other games work excellent. what happens when I mount the image of silent hill 3 or T3 a spinning cd image pops up on the screen indicating that it's reading the game image or cd, then it just stops and doesn't load, is there something i can do to play those two games w/o popping my cd in? I would really like to play them using daemon tools because the games run alot faster, better, I want to save the cd's for installing and re-installing the games so they won't get damaged, and i don't want to search madly for the cd's everytime I want to play a game. Help Very Much appreciateted THANX
    Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
    Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

For those games protected by newer SecuROM version you need image with DPM data (Alcohol or Blindwrite), so re-create the images from your originals in appropriate image format.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Probably best not to try too hard to get T3 running.
      That game is horrible :P
      Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

I've got Silent Hill 2 .nrg files for all three CDs and I used Daemon tools to mount them and was able to install the whole game just mounting each image when it asked for CD2 and CD3. It all installed just fine but now I can't get the game to play.
        I've mounted it and then double clicked the icon on the desktop and the mouse pointer changes to a spinning CD like it's about to do something but then nothing. I've mounted it and tried to play through the auto-run menu and the same thing happens.
        So, is this the same problem? Should I use Alcohol? And if so, do I need to convert all the images (CDs 1-3) to an appropriate format or just one?

Comment

lucasgreen: Take you Original CDs and make new images with Alcohol, look for the copy protection in the database or use aray scanner.

Comment

Working...
          X