virtual cd-drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• virtual cd-drives

Hello again sorry for two posts in one day not sure if this is the right thread to post my question in but here it goes: I am currently attending college majoring in computer science, and ever since downloading daemon tools I fell in love with it and thought it would be a neat project to code and develop my own virtual cd/dvd rom emulator/program so i can conform it to my specifications and it'll be for my personal use. Would any of you know what programming language I need (if any) and where I can find resources or info on how to code/develop my own virtual dvd/cd-rom emulator/program. I just thought that would be a neat project to work on in my spare time. BTW Devs Keep up the great work with daemon tools it is an awesome program and also very convenient, i love playing my games W/O the cd, saves on wear and tear so I don't have to keep buying new copies if one gets damaged or broke. Also gameplay speed is sped up faster than With my cd/dvd rom burner.
    Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
    Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

You should have good knowledge of C++, Assembler and maybe Delphi couldn't harm. Also good hardware-knowledge (from b like busprotocols to z
    like ringZero ). What I mean is that it's indeed a neat project, good luck
    for it (but of course you should know that this isn't something for beginners,
    if you only started coding than I would suggest to search for a more beginner-
    friendly project, otherwise you could be more frustrated than satisfied soon).
    I hope this helps you with your decision (language-suggestions) what next step
    to do - whatever it is, good luck for it!

Comment

Working...
    X