RQ: basic Win9x/ME version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RQ: basic Win9x/ME version

As it's been said in the anouncements, the next version won't support Windows 9x/ME It's bad news for a lot of people.
    So, here's the question: would you make some "lite" build for these OS, please ?
    Just remove the NT-dependent functions, and if it's better than v3.47 release it

P.S. sorry for my bad english

I don't think D-Tools dev team should waste time adding support for a 7yr old OS.
    Even MS doesn't want to support it.
    Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

First question is, what do you need it for anyway?
      V3.47 should work fine with most games, the other way around only very few newer games support 9x/ME.
      There might come an updated/blacklist-fixed v3.x version, but don't count on it.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Maybe it's just not possible to create an IDE virtual drive in Windows 9x/ME?
        I'm sure this decision was only made with progress in mind. If Windows 9x/ME compatibility would hinder progress, then I think it's a good decision to drop it.

What would you prefer: DT not compatible with Windows 9x/ME, but it beats protections like Starforce and it's much harder to blacklist?
        OR
        DT still compatible with Windows 9x/ME, but still can't beat Starforce and still can be easily blacklisted?

I prefer the first choice

Comment

The problem is that 9x/ME is completely different compared to NT-kernel based OS, so it would require to develop an own 9x/ME driver.
          Around 90% of our users use NT-based OS, and the ca. 9% still using 9x/ME will probably either upgrade to NT-based OS in near future, or can continue using v3.47.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Well, v3.47 works great, but it lacks the compressed images support which'll be included in v4
            I think that's the main reason for me to ask about 9x compability

Anyways, keep up the good work & greetings to all the devs

Comment

Working...
            X