Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I mount an image, but i still need original CD. What do i do????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I mount an image, but i still need original CD. What do i do????

Operating System: Windows XP Pro
    Burning Software: Nero Burning Rom 5
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Systemworks
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I mount an image og warcraft 3, but it says that i need to insert CD.
    What do i do????

How did you create the image (program and settings used)?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I used Nero Burning Rom ver.5 and simply followed the instructions there on how to create an ISO file. I haven't done it before so you can say i am a newbie when it comes to this.

Comment

I assume you're talking about Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos and not the add on Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne? For Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos (version 1.00-1.04) is protected by SecuROM<4.8+ to be sure scan your disc and your installation folder using aray scanner which can be found at http://www.aray-software.com and post your result here.

Comment

game database then Warcraft 3 + Alcohol 120%

I think the game database is up to date regarding Warcraft 3 ( http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/port...b.php?letter=W ).

Nero 5 will not work for any copy protected CDs. Use Alcohol 120% or BlindWrite.

If using Alcohol 120% select the 'Securom *NEW (4.x/5.x)' profile, enable the RMPS checkbox, use filetype of .mds/.mdf, and setting the DPM read speed to 1x is optional (but worth the wait because the resulting image file will be more exact).
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

WC3-ROC needs image with sub-channel data only, i.e. Alcohol's SecuROM new profile will be ok, WC3-TFT uses SecuROM version v4.8x, so the SecuROM new v4.x/5.x profile incl. DPM should be ok.

Comment

I tried with Alcohol 120% and it works
              Thanks for your advises.

Comment

edit: nevermind
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I also have Warcraft 3 .iso file. I used Undisker to extract it to install it. was i supposed to do that? i tried using daemon tools but it also keeps asking for the cd. i mount the .iso file and open it. then i see its loaded on my f: drive but it still asks me for the cd. please help.

Comment

Since when do isos contain sub-channel data?

Comment

Originally Posted by osokk
                      I also have Warcraft 3 .iso file. I used Undisker to extract it to install it. was i supposed to do that? i tried using daemon tools but it also keeps asking for the cd. i mount the .iso file and open it. then i see its loaded on my f: drive but it still asks me for the cd. please help.
                      ... I have Warcraft3 .iso file + used Undisker to extrakt it ... :mrgreen:
                      DT & AS Customer. AS Support Team Member.

Comment

Originally Posted by osokk
                        ISO files don't contain any copy protection information, only the game data. Thus the game won't run from an ISO.

Please create another image from your original, using Alcohol 120% and the right settings. Otherwise it won't work.
                        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
                        X