• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licensing? (Educational Purposes)

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: InoculateIT
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I sent an email earlier but I am in a time crunch so I am hoping to get a fast response. Here is the email:

Hello,
    I have been using daemon tools at home for quite a while now and I will most likely make a personal donation in the near future. I work for a school district and recently we came across the need to be able to run some applications without needing the CD. I would love to use daemon tools to do so but noticed that it isn't freeware. As a public school district we do not make money and this is solely for educational purposes. We legally own all the software. I eagerly await your decision as I am in the process of building images for a computer roll out. Unfortunately if your decision is to pay a fee I know the answer will be no just because that's how it works here with anything.

Thanks,
    Matt

Licensing? (Educational Purposes)

Operating System: Windows XP SP2
    Burning Software: Alcohol 120%, Nero
    Anti-virus Software: AntiVir Personal

Mmmm, did you have a look at that:

There you can read following:

"We do not consider the use of our software in schools or universities as commercial use. If you run our program on school or university PCs no further action is required. "

Iґm not a lawyer, but I think it is quite clear about schools isnґt :wink:
    DT & AS Customer. AS Support Team Member.

Comment

Re: Licensing? (Educational Purposes)

Originally Posted by Ptolomeus3
      Operating System: Windows XP SP2
      Burning Software: Alcohol 120%, Nero
      Anti-virus Software: AntiVir Personal

Mmmm, did you have a look at that:

There you can read following:

"We do not consider the use of our software in schools or universities as commercial use. If you run our program on school or university PCs no further action is required. "

Iґm not a lawyer, but I think it is quite clear about schools isnґt :wink:
      ahhhh sweet man, i missed that blip.

Comment

Working...
      X