Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Act of War DVD

This game is Securom 5 protected according to A-Ray :
    [17:20:59] SecuROM 5.03.13.0014 detected -> C:\Jeux\Act of War - Direct Action\ACTOFWAR.EXE
    [17:21:05] --- File(s) Scan Finished [4.28s] ---
    I've created an image of the DVD with Alcohol : unable to get DPM data. With blindwrite 5.2.16 : ok.
    I injected DPM data from the BWA file to the MDS file using quickmount : ok
    -> Emulation conflict.

Then i put the regedit tricks i know :
    - deny admin read on \Registry\Machine\SYSTEM\MountedDevices
    - deny admin read on \Registry\Machine\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port N
    -> Still emulation conflict.

Then i downloaded some tools provided here :
    - securomfix.exe from buey
    - virtual-cd-hide.exe
    -> Now there is no more emulation error, but the game just doesn't launch.

Anyone succeeded in emulation AoW ?

Image made with Alcohol 120% v1.9.5.3105 (latest) should work.
    Settings: DPM (Data Positioning Measurement), Precision: High, Read Speed: try 4x.
    You should use the blacklist-fix.
    DT & AS Customer. AS Support Team Member.

Comment

I've made the images with latest versions of alcohol and blindwrite. The problem with alcohol is that it reports and error in DPM :
      Code:
      13:23:45 Copie du disque: (D:) HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8163B(1:0)
      13:23:45 Mode de lecture: Mode gйnйral
      13:23:45 DVD Source Info :  Session: 1, Piste: 1, Nombre de secteurs: 5.17 GB / 601:53:69
      13:23:45 Mesure de précision DPM : Haut / 4.0X (5540 Ko/Sec)
      13:23:45 Veuillez patienter pendant l'analyse DPM.
      13:24:56 Il n'est pas possible d'obtenir des informations DPM correctes depuis ce disque en utilisant le périphérique actuel
      The last line means "It is not possible to get correct DPM infos using this disc and peripheral". This is why i used Blindwrite and injected DPM stuff into the Alcohol image.

About "blacklist-fix", i used quickmount with "blacklist" option.

Still the same result : when launching the game, the icon changes to a turning cd-rom (securom is checking the disc) for maybe 10 seconds, and then nothing happens.

Comment

Thanks for the translation, but I do understand french :mrgreen:

Maybe your driver isnґt capable of reading correctly the DPM.
        Have you tried with another drive or your burner ?
        DT & AS Customer. AS Support Team Member.

Comment

Not recieving the error with blindrwite doesn't mean that it is successfully extracing the DPM.
          It might just mean that Blindwrite doesn't know it's doing it wrong
          Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

Originally Posted by Kitna
            Not recieving the error with blindrwite doesn't mean that it is successfully extracing the DPM.
            It might just mean that Blindwrite doesn't know it's doing it wrong
            I agree, but hey, let's try

I'll try on some friend's DVD drive then.

Comment

Image made with Alcohol 120% v1.9.5.3105 (latest) should work.
              That's wrong, Act of War French DVD version is bigger than 4.7 Go and so it is not possible to extract DMP data with Alcohol yet, the good solution is to use BW as explained above to extrat DPM data and then as explained above too to reinject DPM data into Alcohol image so that it can be used by DAEMON TOOLS .

Use the SECUROM black list tricks explained above and, last but not least use NERO DVD SPEED to set DAEMON TOOLS DVD READER to 1x speed !

This works with latest ACT OF WAR official patch.

If you have a doubt about your PM quality you can download one from various internet webpages.

Olivier

Comment

Nero DVD speed ??? uhh, another tool to put in catalog.. I'll try this ASAP.

Comment

Errmm what do you mean by "latest ACT OF WAR official patch" ?

I found a BWA file (because i believe mine was not 100% good), injected it into my mds image, downloaded Nero DriveSpeed (and not Nero DVD-Speed, which is a benchmark :wink: ), set the DT drive speed to 1x, put the regedit blacklist fixes and... it worked !! Great !

After that i downloaded the latest patch (1.06), installed it and now i have the error "Unable to find disc (Act of war : Direct Action)".

So, are you sure it's working on your comp with the 1.06 patch ?

Comment

Errmm what do you mean by "latest ACT OF WAR official patch" ?

I found a BWA file (because i believe mine was not 100% good), injected it into my mds image, downloaded Nero DriveSpeed (and not Nero DVD-Speed, which is a benchmark ), set the DT drive speed to 1x, put the regedit blacklist fixes and... it worked !! Great !

After that i downloaded the latest patch (1.06), installed it and now i have the error "Unable to find disc (Act of war : Direct Action)".

So, are you sure it's working on your comp with the 1.06 patch ?
                    I'm at home since 5th August so I cannot chec the patch version but it was the last at this time.

Please, try also to disable IDE devices with STARFORCE NIGHTMARE because I think that very last version also check IDE devices like STARFORCE do .

Olivier

Comment

I confirm that It is AOW 1.06, I also checked (same NERO CD-DVD speed trick) the good behaviour of the image with ALCOHOL (latest official version) virtual cd dvd reader .

Olivier

Comment

Well i must be dumb; still does not work.
                        I've lost enough time on this, now i'm waiting for DT4.

Comment

I've lost enough time on this, now i'm waiting for DT4.
                          Good choice !

Olivier

Comment

Working...
                          X