X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Functionality Question

Operating System: Win XP SP2
    Burning Software: No burning software installed, I use windows default
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Antivirus, Spybot S&D (both disabled while using DTools)
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Hey there. I'm not too much of a computer guru, but I've been messing around with DTools recently, having been told it's among the more useful programs available by sources I trust. However, I've been having an issue. Allow me to explain the situation.
    I have acquired a laptop, and am posting this from it. I got it for $9 at an auction because of a faulty CD drive and a severe viral infection - unknown to the vendor, however, I had the system reboot CD for this particular model available through my dad's company's IT department. It works fine, all viruses have been removed and it's been operating fully and glitch-free for about a month now, and this is the first it's been connected to the internet in that time.
    What I wish to do is play Metal Gear Solid. I have a dock for this laptop that I can hook it up to to use a CD drive, but the dock, although compact, can be quite cumbersome to carry around all day. I'm a big MGS fan, and I'd like to play it. I have legally purchased the CDs, and according to the documentation it is within my rights to make a backup of the disk and use it as I see fit, as long as I don't go around passing out free copies at random to people on the street.
    I've given this objective to a few friends, they told me to try DTools. They can't figure out what the problem is, I thought you might be able to. I've installed DTools, it seems to launch and function correctly, except that when I attempt to use it to mount a CD drive with the ISO copy of the CD on it (not sure if I phrased that correctly), it does not work, and the game will not launch.
    If someone could instruct me as to how this can be accomplished, I would be in their debt.
    Thanks for reading. I'll check back often.[/code]

Try to download Alcohol 120% and re-create your CD image with it, using the safedisc profile.

Comment

Reading the help file would have, well, helped

As explained many times before on this forum, the ISO format cannot duplicate copy protections, it only saves the files on the CD into one file. Copy protections like unreadable/weak sectors, DPM information etc cannot be saved into an ISO, thus every copy protected game will recognize the CD as being a copy and tell you to put the original CD into your drive.

Create an image with Alcohol 120% (in mds/mdf format). Read the help files that come with Alcohol 120% and Daemon Tools, they answer many questions you might have! That should get you a working image of MGS.

NetSoerfer
      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
      X