No announcement yet.

Mounting a folder as a harddrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite some time has passed, so is this finally possible and/or has someone written a tool for it? Thx!

Comment

Originally Posted by Chetwood View Post
      Quite some time has passed, so is this finally possible and/or has someone written a tool for it? Thx!
      FileDisk has been available since 2004

p.s. I've learned that if people write WHY they are wanting such a rarely used thing there is usually a better solution.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

From what I gather you cannot use Filedisk as intended, that is mounting a folder as an optical drive. Concerning your PS there are many reasons given throughout this thread like in#13. My reason is that there are some tools out there that do not work on directories but only on optical drives, for instance DVD Decrypter.

Comment

Re: Mounting a folder as a hard drive or as a CD/DVD

From what I gather you cannot use Filedisk as intended, that is mounting a folder as an optical drive.
          The title of this entire thread is "Mounting a folder as a harddrive" not mounting as a CD/DVD. I didn't know what you wanted.

some tools out there that do not work on directories but only on optical drives, for instance DVD Decrypter.
          I know that when someone asks WHY are you doing this they are just looking for workarounds and not helping your request directly. But, well in this case the files are already ripped
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

ok guys i dunno what is your main aim in this drive mounting job but i just want to mount my """FOLDERS""" as read only """CD-ROM""" drives for ms virtual machine.
            i don't want to cope with those networking or loopback stuff and i just want a "mount folder" option under "device 0 1 2 3" submenu.

i also wrote to tech support and i think they just didn't even read my message
            they said:
            "Please, use our online help system daemon-help.com...And may be it is useful for you to use subst OS function. Run subst /? in your cmd panel"

I already mentioned about "virtual drive creator" it just does the same with "subst" in windows but i don't want any extra HDD or flash drive or such RW media...

mount folder as CD-ROM drive,cd-rom drive cd-rom drive!! not HDD
            and i don't think that it is necessary to create a new topic for this...

Comment

Working...
            X