• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't install Daemon Tools 3.47.0

Operating System: Win XP Pro SP2
    Burning Software: NERO
    Anti-virus Software: NA
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

When I try to install the Daemon Tools 3.47 an error its generated. The error says:

Could not access network location %allusersprofile%\start menu\programs\startup\

I have administrative rigths. What happen ??? Pls help me.

JetBozz

administrative rights

Go to a command prompt (start menu, run, cmd.exe ). Type cacls "%allusersprofile%\start menu\programs\startup\" and paste the output into a forum reply. Also try pasting %allusersprofile%\start menu\programs\startup\ into the Windows Explorer address bar. Its possible that the folder does not exist. In that case create the folder. And a last possibility is that your environmental settings are not correct (though this seems rare).
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP
      Burning Software: NTI CD-Maker
      Anti-virus Software: Norton Antivirus 2002
      DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I have the same problem but I don't understand the explanation.

What I have to do?

Comment

administrative rights

Lurra, is your computer part of a Windows domain or company network and are you a full administrator of your machine?
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

It won't help if he has only admin rights on his comp and not on the domain...
          Carpe diem

Comment

Is part of a Windows domain and I have two accounts as administrator

Comment

administrative rights

Kinlaadare, yea, you're right.

Because of the "Could not access network location" part of the error message, I'm thinking the user that is installing DAEMON Tools doesn't have full write access to some roaming profile folders.
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Lurra, if one of your accounts have admin rights on the domain, you can give it a temporary complete access (ie admin rights) on the computer you wanna install DT.
                Another way is to give temporary admin rights on the domain to your local admin account. You just need not to forget to remove the domain rights after

edit : roaming profiles can be real pain :evil:
                Carpe diem

Comment

Working...
                X