Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebooting during and after install V3.29

Hi,

I have W2K SP3 running on a ABIT KR7A board with the latest BIOS CX. PCI cards are Audigy sound card, Intel NIC and a CMD 649 ATA100 card. Video card is AGP ATI 9000.

The system is stable with no problems - no errors in the event logs etc etc.

Tried installing V3.29 and the machine reboots suddenly during the install process - after reboot machine reboots as soon as it detects some new hardware (presumably the virtual SCSI card that DT installs). Even safe mode is affected. The only way out is to restore the previous system or immediately kill the hardware detection process that happens when the OS starts up.

I have removed ALL burning software or other cd emulation software - i.e. NERO and the same thing still happens. I do not run easy cd creator.

Any ideas ?

Do you have onboard sound chip too?

Comment

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
      Do you have onboard sound chip too?
      No, my KR7A does not have onboard sound.

Comment

What about antivirus soft?

Comment

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
          What about antivirus soft?
          I have NAV 2001 - I tried disabling NAV Auto Protect but I still had the same problem - as soon as the OS starts up, it finds the new hardware i.e. it's still trying to complete the DT installation and then the machine reboots immediately.

Comment

Hi,

I currently encounter exactly the same problem like gussie :
            computer reboot at installation when "mounting" scsi driver, and each time the OS starts up, the system reboots.
            when booting in safe mode, I have a yellow mark in the system/peripheral/PnP extension.

for info : I am encoutering the same problem with all softwares trying to install a virtual drive : ccd, alchohol and dt of course

my current hardware config is : MB Asus A7V266E with onchip sound disabled, 512MB, SB AUDIGY PLAYER, NIC DLINK DFE530TX and GForce2 TI, DVD, PLEXTOR 2410TA

software : WIN2K SP2 FR, all latest drivers (NIC;detonator,SBaudigy);
            INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
            ASPI 4.72, VIA4in1 4.45, nero and ccd (latest);
            INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
            no antivirus

Any ideas ?

Comment

Working...
            X