dt & ut2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dt & ut2003

i tried using clone cd (registered) to clone the 3 cds of ut2003...used dt to mount disc 1...autorun comes up...good so far...while installing, an error message pops up (cyclic redundancy check)...installed using original cds...tried to play with images...program starts to go...hdd activity, hourglass mouse, etc...mouse pointer changes to a spinning cd...then nothing...no error message, no black screen, or anything else...i tried again with the task manager loaded...when the mouse pointer changed into cd, the ut2003 exe expanded into 20+ mb of ram use, and about 5% cpu usage...after about 10 sec, the mouse pointer returns to normal and the program disappears from task manager...same thing happens with unreal 2...any thoughts? :wink:
    There Is No Knowledge That Is Not Power

bad image?!

Btw ... UT suckz Q3A owns!
    A mouse is a device used to point at the xterm you want to type in.

Comment

CRC error: Bad image!
      Game does not start: SecuROM 4.8x not copyable with CloneCD - use Alcohol with SecuROM 4.8x profile (i.e. with DPM);
      INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
      mount .mds-image and have fun.
      UT2003 sucks bigtime btw!
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

tried that...still the same prob...what now?
        There Is No Knowledge That Is Not Power

Comment

I get the same thing, and my ut2k3 is somewhere in this room.

It's protected with the latest Securrom, though enabling securom emulation does nothing.

Comment

Spinning Mouse Pointer

The spinning mouse pointer is a copy protection issue that I FINALLY fixed. I downloaded TrashReg and deleted all ASProtect entries, all Armadillo enries and PCguard entries. Before this I cleaned the system of all StarForce drivers and reg entries as well as SecuROM. After removing StarForce and SecuROM I still had the Spinng CD of death so I fired up trash reg (after backing up the Registry) and had my way with the evil copy protection. Now I can again play or install from a CDR without issue. I found that the ASProted is copyrighted to StarForce! Imagine that. Most Evil copy protection I have had to deal with to date. It seems StarForce has had a hand in this. ASProtect is used to package and protect many trial versions as well as full versions of games and software. I tested all my trial versions and games and all still worked perfectly. My PC is once again mine. Still having one last issue with makeing Clone CD and ISO images on some games but I will get to the bottom of that issue. Best of Luck, Need2Win

Comment

Have you looked at the date of the last posting? 2003, this was 4 years ago.

Also CloneCD is very outdated to create backups and also ISO images doesnt contain copy protection related informations. Use Alcohol 52/120% or Daemon Tools Pro to create proper images which can run the copy protected games.
              Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
              Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
              X