• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon-Tool Shell Ingegration

hi :wink:

i have many many .ISO and .NRG images on my pc
    i usually use many of them

its to tiring to go and select every image indivisually can u create a button in Shell with the word "Mount" and i just double click on the image and it is automatically mounted ?? can u plz

Check 3rd party add-on in our download section, e.g. awxDTools or FastMount.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Is there a working tool for DD V4?
      Or is not possible because it changes the drivenames automaticly?

Comment

I don't know of any addons that have been updated for DAEMON Tools 4 and Copytrooper made that recommendation a while ago. Right now, you can use the command line options or wait for updated addons.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Its a pity! Maybe anybody of the development guys have a info?
          Anybody working on it? Or is it technical not practicable?

Comment

Yes, people are working. And the random vendor names won't be a problem.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Fastmount works...
              SpeedLabs Inc. - Welcome to the real world...

Comment

Maybe im doiing anything wrong.. its not working on my pc.
                I get the error message "Daemon Tools not found"

Comment

Originally Posted by Warthog
                  Maybe im doiing anything wrong.. its not working on my pc.
                  I get the error message "Daemon Tools not found"
                  Hey Warthog, open fastmount & on top where it says "Open" click on it & point it to your daemon.exe file. :wink:

Comment

ok fast mount works now but tryied it before and it didn't only thing it does not unmount. is there a comand line for that? all this BS wouldn't be needed if DT just had the option to register files and default would be eject tray would unmount the image. whats the use of eject/open tray on a virtual drive unless it unmounts the image ???

Comment

The DT command line help:
                      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Code:
                        Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\[COLOR="Red"]ISO Image[/COLOR]\Shell\Mount\command]
                        @="\"[COLOR="red"]C:\\Program Files\\DAEMON Tools\\daemon.exe\[/COLOR]" -mount 0,\"%1\""

That should be enough to make Iso-s load from the shell.
                        Notice that:
                        - "ISO Image" might be different on your system. You should replace it with whatever the value of ".iso"
                        - the path to Daemon might be different. You should replace it with your chosen installation site.
                        - you should manually uncheck the Secure Mode in Daemon Tools so that you avoid an annoying prompt, asking for confirmation when mounting.

Furthermore, you could take the time to make the "Mount" option the default one, so that any double-click-ing would ignite it. That means:
                        [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ISO Image\Shell]
                        @="Mount"

P.S. I guess FastMount does the same things as above, but it didn't quite work for me.

Comment

I think the best would be as Alcohol 120% do it, shell integration into the virtual drive itself, so you right-click on drive in explorer and there is new options of "mount->Open.../recent" and "Unmount".

With this you don't need to open and search for images, simply with an shortcut of virtual drive in quicklauch bar you can mount easily with right-clicking that shortcut.

Comment

Yeah, i think this would be a more userfriendly option for all of us

*All your Base are belong to us* :P
                            You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
                            sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Hi,

i just created a link and placed it into the users Sendto folder, it is the easiest way i think.

Link:

"C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -mount 0,

Then you Right klick on the Iso, cue, Bin... and select the link

Comment

Working...
                              X