Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mess up Daemon-Tools with Anti-Blaxx? FIXED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the registry title is D347 or whatever for daemon tools can this process be used for the removal of Alcohol120?

what would the registry entries be called?? cheers.

Comment

for Alcohol Driver names are Vax347b and Vax347s
      { "Your computer is fine sir, the problem exists between the keyboard and chair" }

Comment

Thanks.
        I tried to uninstall it and it got removed but when i tried to reinstall Alchol i get an error about a conflict.

Am i missing something? the only thing i can think of is the adding the 1 bit where would i add this in the installation??

cheers

Comment

thx djstriker. U saved my day (and my hd from being formatted)

Comment

sorry, i have installed daemon tools 3.47 long time ago, and last month i installed anti-blaxx in french ( but english version is available too ) and i never have any problem with it, the problem isn't caused by anti-blaxx, but by another thing that i don't have, so i can't answer you what is the REAL cause of your problem

Comment

sebbu, Anti-Blaxx causes problems for a lot of people.
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

uuh...didn't have any problems with Anti-Blaxx (yet)
                but like DllFile I appreciate your effort should I ever experience any problems...

Comment

My advice to people is to NEVER use Antiblaxx!
                  Especially not now when DT 4 & Pro is on it's way, then there will be no need of Antiblaxx.

Edit: Roger that, Underheaven.
                  Edit again: Underheaven, how many times are you gonna change that post?
                  Last edited by Methadon; 01.11.2005, 03:08.

Comment

Support is really not offered regarding Anti-Blaxx and so it would be most helpful if people had less to read in this thread. People needing this tutorial have already used the program.
                    Last edited by Underheaven; 01.11.2005, 03:04.
                    the modern world:
                    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Ultimate Solution

Thanks for the input folks, Antiblaxx destroyed my Daemon tools as well. However, the easiest solution to the problem to me would be <System Restore>. Not trying to sound like an ass but there should be a restore point up to where u installed antiblaxx. Also, I found a program to use that works for EVERY game that antiblaxx was supposedly needed. Its called virtual cd-hide. Cant remember where to get it though, but find it, its GOLD. Quake, FEAR, etc work just fine with it and no install required as well, just run and ur done. Happy gaming!

Comment

Yeap the steps proved usefull, I installed through VNC on a friend of mine's network computer antiblaxx, it ran well until he rebooted , then daemon wouldn't mount any images and raised the proc use to 99% so the guy uninstalled daemon and antiblaxx and some of the steps were skipped I just uninstaled his PnP Bios Extension and installed DT again and renamed his bus drivers with a 1 after them it worked fine after that. I still run antiblaxx without any problems thoe.
                        The last of the best, the death of the rest. Hitman Forever...

Comment

To IcarusV2X

Where I can find Anti-Blaxx 1.6 patch , Pls help me out!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by michaelhui
                            Where I can find Anti-Blaxx 1.6 patch , Pls help me out!!!!
                            I beg your pardon? Have you ever heard of google?

Apart from that, we don't support Anti-Blaxx, so we won't give any links to it either. It doesn't work predictably enough so it's just too much unnecessary work for us if people ask us for help with their broken systems after using it. If you want to use it anyway, it's your own risk, and you'll need to find it yourself.
                            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Remove success

I finally remove Anti-blaxx , I use sd4hide instead , D-tool back to use, happy :wink:

Comment

yepp, it works...not really...

ive killed anti blaxx and the old d tools driver but when i try to kill the pnp bios extension, my pc will hang up...ive 3 or 4 pnp bios extensions with a yellow "!" in my device manager...and i cant kill them....

my system hangs up every time i try to kill / deinstall them.

ApoC
                                Last edited by ApoC; 04.11.2005, 22:37.

Comment

Working...
                                X