Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Original Splinter Cell Chaos Theory playing without disc help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Original Splinter Cell Chaos Theory playing without disc help

Hi

I own the retail chaos theory and a legitimate cd-key.

After installation, is there any way i can play the game without the original disc to play? i do not want to unplug any drives.

do i need to make a copy of the game using alcohol 120%?
    any other applications that i need as well?

thanks for the help.

Default ...

When you italicize and bold 'any' do you realize there is an upcoming release of DAEMON Tools v4?

Now to answer your question using presently available software and hardware:

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/viewtopic.php?t=5704

(but read the thread all the way through becase you'll see JariK-Tietomedia says one thing that is wrong)

I think I said something wrong too in that thread, forget about using firewire(IEEE 1394)

Yeah! really I also don't get what they are saying in the link u posted...!
    Last edited by reWASDer : 30.01.2019 at 11:50 Reason: no links allowed for the new users

yea, i know that DT4 is gonna own starforce's ass

i don't get what they are saying in the link u posted.

anyway, since u said that DT4 is confirmed gonna mount SCCT successfully, what are the things that i should do now so that when DT4 is released, i just have to mount an image that i already have?

1) do i have to install SCCT 1st?

2) or do i use a 1:1 image of it to install? if so which is the best software to do it to make sure it works successfully with the release DT4?

Default ...

1) I'm not sure why you'd ask if you need to install SCCT first, but you can uninstall SCCT, mount an image file with DAEMON Tools v4, then reinstall, then play -- if you desire.

2) Regarding making an image: There is a popular thread in the german section discussing this (seems like people are getting excited). Here is the link: DPM Image und Starforce? and if you can't read german then you can translate it at this link or this link.

--Underheaven

because i'm afraid that using clones to install the game itself would have problems, so i suggested using the original disc to install then using mounted clones to play.

thanks for the link. seems like alcohol is the only way to make an exact copy.

Default ...

Okay, your concern does seem important, with copy protections you never know what tricks some games (the copy protection used by the games, more accurately) will try to use.

If DAEMON Tools is doing its job, starforce will be tricked at all times (during install, play, whatever)

correction: my first translation link didn't work, try this

that link can't work for me either. can't connect.

anyway, does anyone know the exact instructions on making the SC:CT images cos there are few options that need to be checked and i don't know what they are. it's mdf mds dpm something.

Experienced User

it's mdf mds dpm something
    yep, and thats it :?: With Alcohol, you can just tick 'Data Position Measurement' with a DVD... and set DPM speed to 4x or lower when asked. And it doesn't seem to work with all drives ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by ,jACkdA\W
    it's mdf mds dpm something
    yep, and thats it :?: With Alcohol, you can just tick 'Data Position Measurement' with a DVD... and set DPM speed to 4x or lower when asked. And it doesn't seem to work with all drives ATM.
    Funny thing is, it used to work with more drives in the past...
    To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast