Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Splinter Cell Chaos Theory playing without disc help

Hi

I own the retail chaos theory and a legitimate cd-key.

After installation, is there any way i can play the game without the original disc to play? i do not want to unplug any drives.

do i need to make a copy of the game using alcohol 120%?
    any other applications that i need as well?

thanks for the help.

When you italicize and bold 'any' do you realize there is an upcoming release of DAEMON Tools v4?

Now to answer your question using presently available software and hardware:

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/viewtopic.php?t=5704

(but read the thread all the way through becase you'll see JariK-Tietomedia says one thing that is wrong)

I think I said something wrong too in that thread, forget about using firewire(IEEE 1394)
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

yea, i know that DT4 is gonna own starforce's ass

i don't get what they are saying in the link u posted.

anyway, since u said that DT4 is confirmed gonna mount SCCT successfully, what are the things that i should do now so that when DT4 is released, i just have to mount an image that i already have?

1) do i have to install SCCT 1st?

2) or do i use a 1:1 image of it to install? if so which is the best software to do it to make sure it works successfully with the release DT4?

Comment

1) I'm not sure why you'd ask if you need to install SCCT first, but you can uninstall SCCT, mount an image file with DAEMON Tools v4, then reinstall, then play -- if you desire.

2) Regarding making an image: There is a popular thread in the german section discussing this (seems like people are getting excited). Here is the link: DPM Image und Starforce? and if you can't read german then you can translate it at this link or this link.

--Underheaven
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

because i'm afraid that using clones to install the game itself would have problems, so i suggested using the original disc to install then using mounted clones to play.

thanks for the link. seems like alcohol is the only way to make an exact copy.

Comment

Okay, your concern does seem important, with copy protections you never know what tricks some games (the copy protection used by the games, more accurately) will try to use.

If DAEMON Tools is doing its job, starforce will be tricked at all times (during install, play, whatever)

correction: my first translation link didn't work, try this
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

that link can't work for me either. can't connect.

anyway, does anyone know the exact instructions on making the SC:CT images cos there are few options that need to be checked and i don't know what they are. it's mdf mds dpm something.

Comment

it's mdf mds dpm something
                yep, and thats it :?: With Alcohol, you can just tick 'Data Position Measurement' with a DVD... and set DPM speed to 4x or lower when asked. And it doesn't seem to work with all drives ATM.

Comment

Originally Posted by ,jACkdA\W
                  it's mdf mds dpm something
                  yep, and thats it :?: With Alcohol, you can just tick 'Data Position Measurement' with a DVD... and set DPM speed to 4x or lower when asked. And it doesn't seem to work with all drives ATM.
                  Funny thing is, it used to work with more drives in the past...
                  To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

could be because newer games require a higher precision dpm analysis, and fewer drives can do this.

out of curiosity, which drives are considered to be the best?
                    Athlon X2 3800
                    2gb DDR400
                    6800nu -> 16x6
                    2x160 SATA Raid, 160gb + 80gb + 80gb IDE

Comment

Get Splinter Cell Ct To Work 100%

Using this method i can get most starforce games (well the 6 SF games i have) to work Except Cold War..Must do ALL steps
                      1. disable secondry IDE channel in device manager.
                      2. have only 1 virtual drive running on alcohol 120 UNTIL DAEMON V4 is out.
                      3. run SFNightmare and disable NODE, CD and CH2.
                      4. install run SF Anti File System Blocker (SFcure)
                      5. make sure u only have ur hard drive(s) floppy and 1 virtual drive enabled in my computer.
                      6. Mount your image use the full image not mini images. I use Leatherfaces .mds off www.copybase.ch and rename it SCCT.mds the same as ur .mdf image (dunno if its best to use ur original .mds i was just trying everything at first and got it to work and just carried using it)
                      7. Play the game.
                      U have to do steps 3 and 4 each time u restart ur PC
                      Dan

Comment

oh, almost forgot... when you are making the image, make sure you do not have starforce installed! it will corrupt the image file making it useless (happens at around 33%). To remove starforce, download the "starforce removal tool" (google it)

also, sfcure comes in two flavours... one for 32bit cpu's and one for 64bit - and i'm not talking about os's here, even if you are running 32bit xp (which i'm sure you are - since dt3.47 does not work in 64bit), if you have an A64 make sure you find the 64bit version of sfcure.

daniel556 explained it very well except i did not need to do step 6, if you read the dpm at 1x and your drive is capable of reading dpm at a high level, it will work. no need to replace mds file... you will have created an aceptable topology.

also, if you're like me and can't be bothered disabling everytime... do as i do and buy a ide -> usb cdrom converter and burn the image to a disk using rmps emulation, for $15Aus worked like a charm ;-)
                        Athlon X2 3800
                        2gb DDR400
                        6800nu -> 16x6
                        2x160 SATA Raid, 160gb + 80gb + 80gb IDE

Comment

my things to do that it works

1.install sfcure
                          2.restart
                          2.install scct
                          3.launch sfdrup.exe(i don't know if it's required|http://rapidshare.de/files/6749437/sfdrvup.exe.html)
                          4.restart
                          5.start sfcure driver
                          6."disable node"+"disable cd" with sfn or put out my
                          optical drive of my notebook and press "disable node",
                          "disable node" is important.
                          7.start the game

If it doesn't work try to mount the image with Alcohol if you have mounted it with DT.
                          You should have only one virtual drive active if you want start scct and in this mount the image.
                          I use the mds file of Leather Face(copybase.ch), too.
                          Last edited by AnalCobra; 25.10.2005, 18:47.
                          Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Yeah! really I also don't get what they are saying in the link u posted...!
                            Last edited by reWASDer; 30.01.2019, 12:50. Reason: no links allowed for the new users

Comment

Working...
                            X