STEM THE TIDE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STEM THE TIDE!

I have been reading through here, and I understand why Locutus has revoked the free forum registration. There are too many people asking for drastic changes to DT 4. DT 4 is already complete. This means they are testing for bugs and fixing them as they come up (hence BETA). There will be no more major changes for DT 4. If you wish to make suggestions for future versions of DT, please wait for DT 4 to be released so that you can experience what it can and can't do. The best the community has been doing is second-guessing itself. BETA is not the time to ask for changes. Let DT 4 come first.
    -Evan C. Davis-

As Locutus already stated here, it's not the feature requests or release date questions, or even the begging for the beta version that's made us do it. It's the fact that we have to spend most of our time sorting out posts and support-requesting emails related to illegal activities, be it from people who downloaded (or otherwise got) warez or even from "scene-groups" that have nothing better to do than show people how to steal software and games.

This had to stop if the next Daemon Tools is to be released any time soon. If we have to spend our time cleaning up the crap people post here and there's almost no time left for programming, v4 and DT Pro will never reach final. It is a tough call to close registration, but considering what Locutus said would happen if the illegal talk continues, I think this is still a pretty decent compromise.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I agree on the warez. DT will be free anyway, and there is no sense in releasing a bugged version to piraters. As for all the requests in here, I still feel I have a point. I would like to add that PMs to the beta team and admins count in my above post, although I didn't make it clear. I know what kind of work goes into testing like this, because I have been a beta tester for other programs and even one game. I sympathize with all of you, and encourage you to take all the time you need to make a clean, bug-free version.
      -Evan C. Davis-

Comment

Working...
      X