• Show
Clear All

• Mount image and shows as blank cd

Operating System: Windows xp home
    Burning Software: Nero 6.0, CloneCD, roxio easy cd and dvd creator 6
    Anti-virus Software: AVG Free addition
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Lets see...

I recently installed deamon tools, was using alcohol 120%, but figured i'd try d-tools after hearing about it a lot. Installed fine, Images would mount fine.

But windows would show those images as blank cd's, and would not recognize them as actual cds. It would even bring up the box of what actions I want to do on a blank cd.

Now the images themselves are not bad, as they have worked in the past. I tried them again with alcohol and they did not work, so either d-tools broke it, or it was something before d-tools installed and I didn't notice.

I can also extract the image files with winiso and use that way to access all the files, but that defeats the purpose of mounting.

Any help would be most kind, as its frustrating to not know why all mounted images are being read as blank cds. I've been mounting all types of images, and its the same.

Searched the boards here and none of the hits seemed to apply

Thanks.

Re: Mount image and shows as blank cd

If you mount an image file, enable options Automount, Autostart, and show tray icon, and then reboot does your virtual drive still show up as a blank CD in my computer. I think you've got Auto Insert Notification turned off. You can search the forum if you want to read about enabling it.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Re: Mount image and shows as blank cd

Originally Posted by Underheaven
      If you mount an image file, enable options Automount, Autostart, and show tray icon, and then reboot does your virtual drive still show up as a blank CD in my computer. I think you've got Auto Insert Notification turned off. You can search the forum if you want to read about enabling it.
      Automount, autostart and tray icon have all been enabled. Upon a reboot, it still shows up as a blank CD in my computer.

Enabled auto insert notification with CloneCD, didn't fix the problem. I am getting asked again though what action do I wish windows to take with "blank cd".

One thing I've noticed which is weird, is even though it shows up as a blank cd when mounting, and when clicking on the virtual drive in my computer, it brings up the "insert cd dialog box", it still will allow games that need the cd to run, to use that cd.

as I used winiso to extract another image, installed it, it require the cd to play. So I mounted it to see, and it could be played. So its able to recongize that there is a mounted image, and it contains data.

I just can not access or see any of that data. As I just found it after playing around, I can extract the image files and install the programs using winiso and then play off the mounted image, but it would be easier to not do that.

Thanks for the help, any more would be most kind.

Comment

Working...
      X