Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: I have a few questions regarding DT4

Quote Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
    StarForce decided to block all SCSI devices if any IDE drives are available, thus blocking virtual drives if you have a normal CD drive.

For Daemon Tools Pro, there will be a plugin that has a virtual drive that's not SCSI but IDE - and as a result immune to the above-mentioned check StarForce performs.
    But if the non-Pro version does not offer this plugin, then SF games won't work because of the SCSI blocking, and mounting SF games will be a Pro-only feature. :?
    To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

And how would you know that?

For DT4, there will be a tool like SFNightmare that hides the IDE drives. So of course you'll be able to play StarForce-protected titles with DT4 as well.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Quote Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
    "Supporting StarForce" (or any copy protection for that matter) means that if you have a sufficiently precise image, you'll be able to play the game from that image without any further action (e.g. using SFNightmare etc.).

The difference between virtual IDE- and virtual SCSI drives in a nutshell:

The optical drives in your computer are most likely IDE drives, not SCSI. In the past, virtual drives (such as Daemon Tools' one) have always been SCSI. So at one point the developers of StarForce decided to block all SCSI devices if any IDE drives are available, thus blocking virtual drives if you have a normal CD drive.

For Daemon Tools Pro, there will be a plugin that has a virtual drive that's not SCSI but IDE - and as a result immune to the above-mentioned check StarForce performs.
    Not bad, but i used to unplug power cable of my cd-rom and it works just fine to.
    I have future question, if you mount 1:1 image of SF will dt4 have some kind of SForce emulation to totally disable starforce because i tired of every starforce cd have cd-key (not game cd-key) and sometimes this being quite problem to start game with all that checks...
    Sry bio

Sorry, but Daemon Tools won't "disable" or "crack" or whatever a protection.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Isnt emulation (RMPS, and other) more or less cracking protection?
    Sry bio

No
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Quote Originally Posted by MikiMouse
    There is no such thing as "more or less". It either is, or isn't.

It isn't. Daemon Tools does not modify machine code. Therefore, it has nothing to do with "cracking". Period.
    To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by MikiMouse
    It is not cracking and it is not Protection.

Emulation enables Accessing Content you may or may not be prevented from accessing on your legally bought and owned content.

Thus Emulation enables access to content you own but are restricted from accessing.

Thus so called 'Protection' is in essence - Restriction Technologies.

By flavouring your language with the words "cracking" and "protection", one usually considered bad, the other considered good, you are helping "them".

The sooner people begin to call it for what it is - restriction technologies, the better.

@instanto: exact my opinion!! one of the best posts I read this week!!

New User

deamon tools pro is free? or ??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast