I have a few questions regarding DT4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a few questions regarding DT4

1. What will be the difference between DT4 and DT4 Pro?
    2. Will DT4/DT4 Pro will be able to handle SecuROM 7x?
    3. Can you please specify all the protections that DT4 will be able to deal with?

Thanks in advance,
    Mark

Re: I have a few questions regarding DT4

Originally Posted by Frisky
    1. What will be the difference between DT4 and DT4 Pro?
    2. Will DT4/DT4 Pro will be able to handle SecuROM 7x?
    3. Can you please specify all the protections that DT4 will be able to deal with?

Thanks in advance,
    Mark
    One thing I've found out by now, is that the Pro version will provide an IDE virtual drive (the current version, 3.47, uses SCSI).

Securom 7 is trivial to circumvent, so I guess the non-Pro version will work.
    To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

Daemon Tools v4 will have the same features as Daemon Tools v3.47. However, it is rewritten from scratch, better protected against discovery (necessitating less blacklist fixes) and will support more copy protections than its predecessor. Additionally, you'll be able to toggle Auto Insert Notification with it.

Daemon Tools Pro will have a full-fledged user interface, you will be able to create images with it and it will feature a plugin architecture. Planned plugins are a virtual IDE drive plugin, a CD/DVD-authoring plugin, support for encrypted images.

SecuROM v7 will be supported, yes. I'm not going to list all supported copy protections because I don't know every single one of them, but you can expect support for all current major copy protections.
      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
        ........and it will feature a plugin architecture. Planned plugins are a virtual IDE drive plugin....
        ok so once again this tells me that the starforce image support everybody thinks is coming will NOT come in the initial release of even in the PRO version. can this be confirmed or not ? :?: :?:

Comment

DAEMON Tools v4 and DAEMON Tools Pro will support starforce

DAEMON Tools v4 and DAEMON Tools Pro will support starforce. DAEMON Tools Pro will have extra features, such as supporting all kinds of plugins (NetSoerfer mentioned this earlier in the thread).

ß, nobody would trick you and make you think support is coming if its not (at least I hope so).
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Daemon Tools v4 will support StarForce v3.x from the beginning.

(I was going to highlight parts of the sentence, but then the whole sentence was written in bold so I decided not to. )

Comment

superb.....

i'd like to know something if possible...
              can it be determined from looking or examining an mds file (the one that contains the dpm) of a starforce protected game image if it is a good image. i mean that in the same way that with the securom curves if they are too disstorted they may not work. i mean i've seen some that look like a wave file, when a good one should be nice starigh curves with nice staright peaks (or whatever they are called)

Comment

What u mean it support starforce 3.x, u just insert lame ass copy of starforce protected game and it will work as if it was original cd?

Also whats difference between IDE and SCSI virtual drives?
                Sry bio

Comment

Originally Posted by MikiMouse
                  What u mean it support starforce 3.x, u just insert lame ass copy of starforce protected game and it will work as if it was original cd?

Also whats difference between IDE and SCSI virtual drives?
                  Yes I would like to know that too, please.

Comment

"Supporting StarForce" (or any copy protection for that matter) means that if you have a sufficiently precise image, you'll be able to play the game from that image without any further action (e.g. using SFNightmare etc.).

The difference between virtual IDE- and virtual SCSI drives in a nutshell:

The optical drives in your computer are most likely IDE drives, not SCSI. In the past, virtual drives (such as Daemon Tools' one) have always been SCSI. So at one point the developers of StarForce decided to block all SCSI devices if any IDE drives are available, thus blocking virtual drives if you have a normal CD drive.

For Daemon Tools Pro, there will be a plugin that has a virtual drive that's not SCSI but IDE - and as a result immune to the above-mentioned check StarForce performs.

If you want to know more about this, I suggest you use the board's search function.

Comment

StarForce decided to block all SCSI devices if any IDE drives are available, thus blocking virtual drives if you have a normal CD drive.

For Daemon Tools Pro, there will be a plugin that has a virtual drive that's not SCSI but IDE - and as a result immune to the above-mentioned check StarForce performs.
                      But if the non-Pro version does not offer this plugin, then SF games won't work because of the SCSI blocking, and mounting SF games will be a Pro-only feature. :?
                      To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

And how would you know that?

For DT4, there will be a tool like SFNightmare that hides the IDE drives. So of course you'll be able to play StarForce-protected titles with DT4 as well.

Comment

"Supporting StarForce" (or any copy protection for that matter) means that if you have a sufficiently precise image, you'll be able to play the game from that image without any further action (e.g. using SFNightmare etc.).

The difference between virtual IDE- and virtual SCSI drives in a nutshell:

The optical drives in your computer are most likely IDE drives, not SCSI. In the past, virtual drives (such as Daemon Tools' one) have always been SCSI. So at one point the developers of StarForce decided to block all SCSI devices if any IDE drives are available, thus blocking virtual drives if you have a normal CD drive.

Not bad, but i used to unplug power cable of my cd-rom and it works just fine to.
                          I have future question, if you mount 1:1 image of SF will dt4 have some kind of SForce emulation to totally disable starforce because i tired of every starforce cd have cd-key (not game cd-key) and sometimes this being quite problem to start game with all that checks...
                          Sry bio

Comment

Sorry, but Daemon Tools won't "disable" or "crack" or whatever a protection.
                            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Isnt emulation (RMPS, and other) more or less cracking protection?
                              Sry bio

Comment

Working...
                              X