No announcement yet.

EASY TO GET ROUND STARFORCE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh thanks for that analcobra (Liking the name ), see if I can get X3 to work. And I just ordered DT pro!!!! I cannot wait I really cannot wait!!!!!!!!! Finally I can USE my backups

Comment

HI folks, I am new here...
      If I already have update the sf drivers (sfrup) Because I used with an another games before, What I do with each new sf game?
      I update sf each time, clean it, or what?

Thanks.

Comment

I'm not sure so don't take my word for it but I think the StarForce drivers won't need to be changed unless the game uses more up to date drivers of course.... So if you have one game (with SF) running you shouldn't need to do anything about the SF drivers.

Comment

I got X3 to work!!! but my method is a little different than others explained here...

I got an athlon64, only SATA disks, and an IDE dvd burner, I could use sfcure (amd64 version) and sfn (disable node, disable cd, disable ATA)

at first it didn't work, but pressing disable ATA again and the pressing retry on the game window a couple of times it did work... without unplugging IDE cables!!! note that I got only that on my IDE channels, all my hard disks are SATA... and I also got dt3.47 and alcohol120% 1.9.5.3105 with both virtual drives enabled and all emulation options enabled!!! (image loaded on alcohol)

I also got it to work unplugging IDE cables, just sfcure and sfn (disable node, disable cd)

I'm just so happy

Comment

Originally Posted by Hi2u
            when I execute !start.bat in sfcure03_x64 I get the following error: System error 1 has occurred.

I'm using an AMD 64, windows xp sp1

Can anyone help me?
            If you are still using 32bit Wndows and just have a 64bit CPU, you will need to run the 32bit version of SFCure. The 64bit version is for the actual 64bit OS not CPU.
            No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

I am patiently (and anxiously) awaiting the release of DT4 so I can finally play X3. I could probably get the SFCure/SFN method to work, but I'm afraid it will hose my computer, and I'm not currently in a position to redo my computer. The extremes game companies are going to to protect their games is simply outrageous. StarForce is a nuisance, and though I loathe to have it on my PC, I can't resist X3!

Arb

Comment

Originally Posted by Dark Arbitor
                I am patiently (and anxiously) awaiting the release of DT4 so I can finally play X3.
                Why don't you play with your original cd while you are waiting?

Comment

Originally Posted by Methadon
                  Why don't you play with your original cd while you are waiting?
                  Probably the same reason as me, because I hate knowing the DVD is in my drive wearing it out each time I start the game.. Which can be many many many times a day.

While I own X3 - Reunion (Starforce 3) And play it daily, I too await DT4 so I can emulate it instead of loading the DVD..

And, honestly, no offense m8. but are comments like the one you posted really needed? I mean, I gather the gist of what your getting at by looking at alot of your posts, but honestly, I feel it is needless extra posting..

And if we all just played with our origional CD/DVD's then we would not need DT of any flavor now would we?

Comment

Originally Posted by Dllfile
                    Probably the same reason as me, because I hate knowing the DVD is in my drive wearing it out each time I start the game.. Which can be many many many times a day.

While I own X3 - Reunion (Starforce 3) And play it daily, I too await DT4 so I can emulate it instead of loading the DVD..

And, honestly, no offense m8. but are comments like the one you posted really needed? I mean, I gather the gist of what your getting at by looking at alot of your posts, but honestly, I feel it is needless extra posting..

And if we all just played with our origional CD/DVD's then we would not need DT of any flavor now would we?
                    If I buy a game I just have to install and play it, I could never wait with it like some other people, thats just me.

I just think that this talk about "needed" and not "needed" posts are just ridiculous.
                    If we are going to talk about that then I'm going to ask you if really think that your post was so needed?
                    I think that almost every post here is needed, apart from abusive and flame posts.

We all post where we think that we have anything to add,
                    and it don't always has to be something very "needed" as you call it.

You can write back here or in pm or whatever you want, I wont even bother answer it.
                    I don't wont to write anymore unnecessary posts, and this doesn't add anything to the topic either.

[EDIT]
                    No offense m8, but where your double post in this thread really that necessary?
                    You could had posted it all in the same post... That is "needless extra posting".
                    Last edited by Methadon; 10.11.2005, 23:47.

Comment

Originally Posted by Methadon
                      No offense m8, but where your double post in this thread really that necessary?
                      You could had posted it all in the same post...
                      that is because when I copied and pasted, I hit enter and it entered it in as a post, that quote was supposed to go in with the first post.. It was by accident.

Fixed, happy now? At least mine was a mistake in which I just didnt catch..

Comment

calm down, we are all family here

Comment

Exceededgoku is right, no need to get into a flame contest. Methadon's original post was all in good fun, so let's drop it and move on

My crappy DVD drive is rather picky about which DVDs it wants to play, so that's why I've had to wait, unfortunately. I could go buy another DVD-ROM, but I usually just play all my games off the HDD to speed them up and protect the original media. It's also a pain in the butt to swap out media every time I want to play a different game since I have the gaming version of ADD (no offense to anyone out there that may actually have ADD).

Arb

Comment

Was not flaming, I said "no offense" meaning was not trying to offend him, asking a question on if he thought posts like that were needed.

But, seems he took it the wrong way as others are as well. It is not easy to ask a question to that nature being as it is in text and shows no expression.

Asked, but I cannot help if someone gets offended even after posting that it was not intedned to offend or flame, was a simple question.

Comment

That's one of the problems with written communication. It's a low context form, so it's easier to misinterpret and misunderstand the original intent. Even though you said no offense, he could have interpreted it as you were being sarcastic. Either way, let's all stop hijacking the thread :wink:

Arb

Comment

first i wanne say that the "shadcrk and pertsk" solution works perfectly...

lateron i wanted to install the patch 1.05, after i did that, the game doesn't start anylonger

i completely uninstalled the game and followed the tutorial again, this time with patch installing from the beginning

now, when i start the game, he does not ask again for the cd-key!!! he just says the wrong disk is inserted... i think the key i entered is still storaged somewhere, but i dont now where...

Comment

Working...
                                X