No announcement yet.

Please add extension for our Softwares.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please add extension for our Softwares.

Hello, i'm Stefano Camaiani the CEO of WolverineSoft.

I'm here to request to add 2 simple supported extension for the coming soon 4.0

Anyway users can already mount our images with daemon tools 347, but they need to show "All Files *.*" in order to see the file to mount.

The requested extesion are:

"*.xmd" and "*.dvd"

The first is for the Raw/Raw16/Raw96 cloned images.
    The second is for the ISO images.

Please understand of these extensions are already used by CdrWin6.

Sorry for my bad english, i'm italian.
    Kind Regards and good luck for the new build launch.

Stefano Camaiani

Thanks in advance.

The way to make your software compatible is not to modify DTools, but your own software. Why use *.dvd instead of *.iso? Why *.xmd instead of *.ccd?

Anyway users can already mount our images with daemon tools 347, but they need to show "All Files *.*" in order to see the file to mount.
    Change the extension then. If two formats are the same, they should have the same extension, don't you think? If you don't do so, you end up confusing the users.
    To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

I totally agree. My view is the less proprietary formats the better.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Extensions

Hi, thanks for this suggestion, anyway the XMD format is a little different from CCD or from MDS.

I can change the DVD to ISO, this yes.....

Adding a simple extension like "Xmd" should be not a problem....
        Users should not be confused....are you sure of you know all Supported Extension of Daemon -Tools without viewing its?

Every timer you use Daemon-Tools, you view the extension in the extension list?

I ask this little add to make Daemon-Tools better....why user could not mount immediately CdrWin 6.0 or our X-Copy Professional images?
        I can understand for X-Copy, but CdrWin 6 is too much popular to forgot it....

As you know other good emulators like ******** 5 and SimDisc already accept the extension as default format.....

Please don't mismatch me, X-Copy professional already support 100% and more Daemon-Tools...i builded X-Copy professional with Daemon-Tools in my mind, unfortunately when mount we need to show all files to could see the Image...

Sorry again for my bad English....

Kind Regards, Stefano Camaiani

Comment

Yeah, is the same problem for the .mir files, you need mark "all files" in daemon tools for mount this image, a lose of time.

Comment

I also think DTools should support these "rouge" formats, because some users aren't so savvy, that they select the all files (*.*), and they stop before the finish line ;]
            However I also agree with Underheaven "the less proprietary formats the better. " ..

Comment

The "stupid" question here is: Why Daemon Tools is able to mount this formats and no add a extension for it?.

Comment

With DT-Extensions like Fastmount you could specify the extension to load with d-tools. Maybe DT 4 includes such a feature... *hope*

Comment

From what I understand DT4 is already complete so no more additions can be made for this version, perhaps for a future version only. I think they specifically said that no more additions will be made for DT4.
                  The last of the best, the death of the rest. Hitman Forever...

Comment

EDIT: Besides adding new stuff now would delay the release even further and I belive NO ONE WANTS THAT. It ain't no big hustle to give 3 clicks to select the damn All Files option
                    The last of the best, the death of the rest. Hitman Forever...

Comment

Bah, without hurry. In any case is 3 lines of code add it, and if is more I be patient for this and for much more.

Note: You no *edit your post*.

Comment

Well, why don't you just edit the datatypes to mount them images on double-click (or rite) from explorer? :wink: All you need is in the help file.

Comment

Yeah and much others, but maybe the developer of this program(and not I) want a "easy use" for your users.

Comment

Yep, I already contacted the author of XCopy.

Comment

Working...
                            X