• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reboot after install!

Operating System: XP SP2
    Burning Software: Nero newest version
    Anti-virus Software: AVG
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.29

I was installing DT, and it rebooted after install. Then windows asked me to install drivers for new hardware, so i had it install default ones. The thing is, after windows boots now, it reboots again and again. I got it working in safe mode. Which drivers do i need to roll back to get windows working again? thanks!

safe mode

Operating System: xp sp2
    Burning Software: nero, alc
    Anti-virus Software: avk
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Try the manual remove method(in safe mode), to remove the D-Tools driver:

or this
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

was the install new drivers popup box normal for DT? I don't know what drivers it installed, but as soon as my files backup (incase i have to reformat) ill try that method

Comment

The driver popup box isn't normal, i think.
        I had to format my pc today, too. :?
        I hope you don't have to format.
        Why you installed D-Tools v. 3.29?
        The newest is 3.47 you can download it in the download section.

Comment

the newest DT dont support CGI completely or something. For a certain file i needed the older one.

Comment

Alright, backed everything up. DT never fully installed, so i can't exactly remove it. Moreover, the drivers never did either. I guess windows overwrote my working drivers with the default ones? Which drivers exactly does DT edit? I think i can roll these one's back to get it workin (i turned off system restore a while ago, oh well )

Comment

I uninstalled a couple scsi drivers (i only use ide drives anyway) and it still reboots. I'll probably just reformat tonight.

edit: Actually, i have a backup of my old registry. Is there a way to load that that will fix the problem? I tried importing it in safe mode but got an error :cry:

Comment

Daemon-Tools only install a virtual drive as an scsi controller.
                Your system works in safe mode, that's right?
                Ok. Then start in safe mode and open the explorer.
                Did you found the d346bus.sys and the d346prt.sys in windows\system32\driver (the name could be different for example d329bus..)
                Do you have an scsi controller in device managner(press windows button + break button on your keyboard, it's the shortcut)
                called d346?
                If you have one then delete it and then delete the d346bus.sys and the d346prt.sys and restart and look if it works.
                sry i don't see your last reply.
                At which moment yourpc reboot every time?
                I don't have much experience with registry importing.

Comment

no, those drivers do not exist

Comment

At which moment of booting your pc reboots every time?

Comment

erm yeah, was after windows was actually loaded. I did some screwin around with drivers and now it wont boot at all just got to reformat (hate calling microsoft though, cause you cant use your cd key more than 25 times. yes, i have done it over 25 times). thanks anyway!

Comment

Thanks.
                        I couldn't help you very much, but a bit. You could wait if some Admin post something maybe he has a solution.

Comment

Manual un-installation of older versions must be done by following the steps mentioned in these threads:

And DON'T use such old version anymore!
                          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
                          X