Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats best software for imaging FEAR ( Securom 7.00.00.0128 )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats best software for imaging FEAR ( Securom 7.00.00.0128 )

I bought the original DVD legit disc of pc game FEAR. It is protected by SecuROM 7.00.00.0128 . But I want to make the best possible image file for it so that I can play that game from Daemon Tools. What software is best for making images of such Securom 7 protected games. Please let me know ASAP .

TIA

Babe

Use Alcohol 120% with the Securom 4x/5x profile.
    If you use this profile dpm reading is enabled, that's important and read the dpm very slow.
    To run it in an virtual drive you will need an antiblacklisting tool like Anti-Blaxx or use sr7 stop.
    Try to use Anti-Blaxx 1.16 + the modified exe (cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_utils_8.shtml#Anti-Blaxx)
    but be careful with Anti-Blaxx.
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

My version of FEAR is the DVD version and if I put the DVD in the drive instead of the CD, the options such as Securom 4x/5x , SecuRom New vanishes . I get these options only when I enter a CD in my DVD Writer. But with a DVD, these options vanishes from the Alcohol ?! This happens for not only with FEAR but any game DVD. If a DVD is in instead of a CD, the burning profiles vanishes ?!! But with a CD in, all these profiles come back. Why ?

Comment

Sorry, i don't remember that's a dvd.
        Alcohol has no profiles for making images of dvd's but there are two option which you can enable in the image making assistent of Alcohol.
        You must have the dpm option enabled with high precision.
        You cuold enable ignore disc errors, too.

Comment

Hmmm I am talking about the game FEAR which is released only this week m8. The full game name is First Encounter Assault Recon.

Comment

I know that you are talking about F.E.A.R.
            Write an image of FEAR using Alcohol 120% with this options:
            ignore disc errors
            read dpm, precision high, with a slow speed.
            (If your Burner don't support reading the dpm, like mine, you could download a
            mds file on copybase.ch, in the mds file is the dpm integrated, you only have to rename the downloaded mds file into the name of yours and overwrite it)
            Use sr7stop(Securom 7 Stop) to hide your virtual drive!
            (http://cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdr...shtml#SR7.Stop)
            Works fine on my system with Securom 7 protected games.

Comment

You can also download the new anti-blaxx 1.17 but I prefer sr7stop. Follow AnalCobra's link and you will be fine.. annoying protection but well.. it works. I guess D-Tools V4/Pro might work with it, will see

Comment

Originally Posted by linuxares
                You can also download the new anti-blaxx 1.17 but I prefer sr7stop. Follow AnalCobra's link and you will be fine.. annoying protection but well.. it works. I guess D-Tools V4/Pro might work with it, will see
                I prefer sr7stop, too. In sr7stop you only have to click on hide and that's all. On anti-blaxx you have to configure it for every game(the path of the game, the image, the d-tools direction...).

Comment

Working...
                X