No announcement yet.

Daemon tools v4 : availability ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its just sad how theres always carrot on a stick in front of you, e.g. itll be out soon! announcement next week! etc!

you can use filedisk on win 64 right now but it has no emulations so clones w/ protection wont work.

Comment

You can also use fantomdvd, which works fine in windows XP x64 as well. Although the interface isn't as nice as daemon tools.

Comment

Well the release date IS for the end of this month

Reads: that's 4 days including today, if you live in Australia.

Will it be done..... he asks!

Comment

Well, when you take into account that they said they'd announce it 7 days before releasing it, I'd have to say the odds are pretty bad it's going to be out this month.

Comment

Quit your whining and suck it up like a good boy.
            Sa...omai shidai da na.

Comment

Originally Posted by acetken
              It's already been released, what, you can't get it? It rocks. It even emulates SecuROM 87! Don't listen to the other members or logic, just keep complaining. You'll get it sooner than everyone else that way! I did!
              if u really have it then u have a dodgy ass copy. sif they would be giving u a working copy cuase u spammed them with PMs. the only thing u would get is a permenent ban.

and reguarging when they will relese it, i really dont know how accurate the 'some time next month' was last month. programming isnt easy i can tell u that. you think ur almost done and BUG. they happen just as u do the 'one last test to be sure' or as u say, 'finally, im done this program'

or, u just go 'hmm, this would be a good feature, and i dont wanna relese a patch just after teh first release.'

Comment

But then there is only 4 days left for the deadline. It seems to me that the developers are breaking their promises every time since the first version 4 "rough" release date.
                To me, a year plus 2 month release cycle seems too long for a application that has a newly designed website recently. Except the web designers has nothing to do with the programmers

Comment

The great feeling when it is released will be all the sweeter for the wait. If I was you I'd try to forget about deadlines, its not as though life is one hold until v4 comes out. Just relax and it'll be released before you know it

Comment

Originally Posted by compxlan.com
                    if u really have it then u have a dodgy ass copy. sif they would be giving u a working copy cuase u spammed them with PMs. the only thing u would get is a permenent ban.
                    That was a pretty horrific oversight of sarcasm, heh.

Comment

It will come out when it's out. That's all. There's nothing that can be done. All we can do it wait.

Comment

I tried to resist registering and posting but it was in vein.

There is a release cycle for everything and I'm not one to question Daemons because it is free and I'm not the one developing it but it goes as follows.

A bug is found, the bug is fixed, another bug is found, the bug is fixed, etc. It keeps going on and on since you can't make the ultimate uber application of doom that will be perfect.

They even say they're finding new bugs all the time and they're trying to fix them all for the inital release. Every piece of software when it is first released is buggy because bugs still are found after the initial release.

If v4 works for almost everyone why not release it and release new versions with fixes after the initial release? It makes most people happy and the few that aren't will eventually get a working copy and they too will be happy. What is the merit of trying to make the perfect software which will inevitably be flawed?

Maybe I'm underestimating the development of the software though. The bugs they are talking about could be you mount a image, it locks up your computer or it corrupts your hard drive. That seems like a pretty fundamental problem though and shouldn't still be plaguing the software if it is this far along.

Major problems like that would most definitely keep software from being release but given past daemon tools it's probably something like the screensaver doesn't turn on when a image is mounted. I'm pretty sure most of us can live without our screensaver being turned on when a image is mounted.

BTW I love those who say there is nothing that can be done so there is no use worrying about it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bensam123
                          They even say they're finding new bugs all the time and they're trying to fix them all for the inital release. Every piece of software when it is first released is buggy because bugs still are found after the initial release.
                          There has been plenty of software that has come out that hasn't had a bug in it. It's development teams that say "every piece of software when released is buggy" like you just said, that makes their software flawed and willing to take that chance.

In fact I create software tools that test beta phase projects for a living and If my boss ever heard the words you just said come out of my mouth, I would be fired on the spot.

Originally Posted by Bensam123
                          If v4 works for almost everyone why not release it and release new versions with fixes after the initial release? It makes most people happy and the few that aren't will eventually get a working copy and they too will be happy. What is the merit of trying to make the perfect software which will inevitably be flawed?
                          Actually I can guarantee you that the same people complaining that they want it now AS IS, will be the same people complaining later that they shouldn't of released a product that has a certain bug in it.

Comment

I think i liked that idea locutus had that would prevent people who just registered from posting for 7 days. Maybe that would curtail the number of people registering for the purpose of ranting.

Comment

Originally Posted by estimablesir
                              I think i liked that idea locutus had that would prevent people who just registered from posting for 7 days. Maybe that would curtail the number of people registering for the purpose of ranting.
                              I have only just registered, and am quite happy I can post straight away.
                              Not here to rant though... not that much of a moron :P

To the devs: take your time guys... finish the job the way you want to....

To the ranters: cmon guys.. do you work for free? If so, do you say "how high?" when the people benefitting from your free work say "Jump"?

Unless your all firefighters, I think you would say to people... "OI! i'm doin this s**t for free.. so chill the hell out!"
                              SpeedLabs Inc. - Welcome to the real world...

Comment

c est vrai qu ecrire 3 lignes par semaine pr expliquer ou ils en sont par rapport a l echeance qu ils s etaient fixe fin octobre ne couterait pas bcq de temps ...

Comment

Working...
                                X